Another installation of Builders and Makers by Shelle Sanchez! Featured this week is #ABQ painter, art activist, healing artist, and teacher Deborah Gavel. http://www.dukecityfix.com/profiles/blogs/builders-and-makers-deborah-gavel
"We invite you to attend the International Festival to learn about economic opportunities and products, enjoy cultural food and entertainment, and meet your community neighbors"
"We'll have a wide range of entertainment, kids area, food booths, community groups and service providers there. Space is available and the rates are very reasonable."
The goal of the International Festival is to promote the local economy through demonstrations, products and services. Local businesses, health providers, civic organizations, government agencies, City and County programs, will be on-site to inform the public about business and community resources that are available. Entertainment will be provided by many international troupes and there will be a fun-filled children’s activities center.
• Kick off event to promote the International District
• To change perceptions and promote the community identity as the International District.
• Attract people from around the Metro area, New Mexico and beyond to the District
• Market programs to the community – small business programs, health & social services, City, County and Federal programs, etc.
• Develop long term relationships among participating organizations.
• Provide a marketing opportunity for local businesses.
• Create a FUN event that brings the community together
Saturday, September 1th, 2009:
88 Louisiana Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108
VIEW LARGER MAP
BE A VOLUNTEER! (<--hyperlink to PDF for template of volunteer information making contact person's life much easier)
We need volunteers to help with:
Set up and tear down of booths, signs and banners
Kids area monitors
Trash Clean Up (during and after the event)
Volunteers do NOT have to commit to the whole day – a 2 or 3 hour shift would be a great help.
Sue Thatcher - suethatcher52 [AT] aol.com (please be sure to replace [AT] with @)
please contact stwhitman[AT]msn.com
(please be sure to replace [AT] with @)