Has anyone ever eaten at Orchid Thai or Thai Tip? We are hungry for Thai food and the reviews on both of these places seem generally positive but we're not sure which one to choose. Any suggestions?

Tags: Restaurants, Thai, food

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thai Tip was not so great. I hate eating at restaurants where I think to myself, oh, I could totally do this in the comfort of my own home. Why shell out $40+ for something I can make myself? The red pineapple curry was b.o.r.i.n.g. Coconut milk with red curry paste, canned pineapple, and four (4!) shrimp. Pathetic. The yum nue had dried out strips sticks of meat in it. The tomatoes were mealy. The only good thing? Uh. It was hot? Uh. Not sure, but really peeved that I spent $40 on that meal.

Next time, Thai Basil on 4th, owned by my friend Gordon and his Thai girlfriend.
I tried Orchid Thai two weeks ago and I didn't care for it at all. The food tasted like a microwavable meal. The wait staff was lazy and impolite. And the food took a very long time to come out. Save your money and try somewhere else.
BEWARE!!!!!! My husband and I ate at Thai Orchid on Sunday night. Not only did we have to wait 45 minutes for a table and wait an hour for our food, my husband got food poisoning. When I called to let them know, the owner didn't act concerned. We will never go back, ever.
Sala is excellent!! and their staff is so kind. :)

I'm a fan of every Thai place I've been to, but I also appreciate that Thai II puts a little more heat in their dish. Also, even if your not vegetarian, I highly recommend always getting tofu, because there isn't anything better than Thai style tofu. mmm.....
Any discussion of good veggie Thai must also include Thai Vegan on Osuna. I'm a happy meateater, but the range of dishes at Thai Vegan never left me wanting. The owner is really welcoming and nice and the sauces and seasonings are awesomely done.
you know what, I'm going to have to retract my pervious statement about loving everything. I know I'll be hated for this, but I was not a fan of Thai Vegan. really salty, lacking a bit on the punch and the tofu was not what I had been waiting for (because when I know I'm eating Thai for dinner, I dream about it all day). But, you're right, they were so kind. so very, very kind and welcoming.
You should try them both. That's what I did.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service