My fiance and I will be moving to Albuquerque within the next two years or so. We are so excited. It looks like an amazing city. However, I am concerned about scorpions and recluse spiders. Are they a big problem in ABQ? Are there any tricks that will keep the critters out of the house and away from biting us, or our dog?

Tags: Brown, Control, Pest, Prevention, Recluse, Scorpion, Spider

Views: 1168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never seen a scoprion. The entymologists will tell you that brown recluse spiders do not live in this area, but I will tell you that they do. Saw one, once. As for black widows, I really, really don't see why everyone is telling you to kill it the minute you see it. If it is in a place where it does no harm (as in outside in a wall), just leave it be and avoid that wall.

Live and let live, baby. Unless it's a cock-a-roach....
I'll add one more to the list, the wind scorpion. They don't get very big around here, but they are quite fast for little guys. They also eat other bugs, so just relocate it if you find one. I've lived with them in northern and southern NM, but haven't seen one since I moved to ABQ.
A friend in the foothills found one in his garage a few years back. Hadn't seen one before.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Teresa Gallion liked The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem Mitch Rayes...
55 minutes ago
Teresa Gallion commented on The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem Mitch Rayes...
56 minutes ago
Dee Cohen liked hettie's blog post Morning Fix: Where to Begin
2 hours ago
Profile Iconlee gamelsky and Al Paxton joined Duke City Fix
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service