A while back someone posted inquiring where they could find prairie dogs in Albuquerque, and this is sort of an extension of that.

Next time y'all are headed east on I-40, get off at Eubank and hope you get a red light. Get in the left-most turning lane and look left. You should see a sizable prairie dog community. These guys have been here several years but I can't help noticing that they are becoming more and more gregarious (read aggressive). When two prairie dogs noticed I was looking at them, they came right up to my truck and pointed their noses at me, presumably as a gesture indicating they wanted me to feed them. They basically did everything except hold up a sign saying "Will display rodent behavior for food".

So next time you're in the heights and you want a laugh, check out these little urbanized prairie dogs--just don't feed them. Seems to me, that is not such a good idea.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw one with a sign at that same intersection that read "Will work for food, God Bless".

So if you are going to feed them at least get some free labor out of those pesky rodents.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service