Sad that I am not there.

Thank you all who post here. I come here to satisfy my longing for New Mexico and Albuquerque in particular. Your photos, stories and announcements bring me joy and hope.

Hope that one day I will once again live in Albuquerque. Hope that one day I will take for granted the things I miss so very much. I miss shopping at La Montanita and the Alpine Sausage Kitchen. I miss the bagels at Fred’s (I know, its gone forever). I miss the smell of chile roasting behind the Frontier in the fall and the pinion burning in the winter. I miss the Elm trees in Hyder Park and neon on Central Ave. I miss the people who live there and love Albuquerque too.

I’ll be back someday. Until then, I’ll have to get my Albuquerque “fix” here.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is the worst blog ever!!! I thought I was the only one missing home so terribly. I miss the smell of the rain on hot summer days from that sudden cloudburst during monsoon season. I miss the sun setting behind the volcanoes and the drives down Rio Grande Blvd in Alameda. I miss the fiestas in Old Town, the Fair, the Fair's parade with all the high school bands playing and the balloons in Oct. I miss luminarias at Christmas and the smell of pine burning in the fireplace. I miss the Modelo and New Mexican food and restaurants that know what a sopaipilla is. I miss going for rides up through Jemez and Los Alamos. I even miss running into a cousin or ten at Wal Mart or Home Depot. I love this website!
Oh yeah! This is the BEST thing about fall in NM!
Summer is not waning, its still July!
We used to get our chile at Winks farm in Armijo, long ago. We get it now at the Santa Fe farmers market. I like the northern chile when it's just starting to turn red. Does anybody still grow chile in Albuquerque? Albuquerque chile was the best. It's what I grew up with.
Come on, please change the title of this one. Its not Albuquerque that makes you sad, but the current cities you live in that keep you from this place!
I know exactly what you are describing. I commuted Lead/Coal from Girard to I-25 for seven years, during my third stint in Albuquerque.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I am taking Doug's advice and setting a goal to return in no more than two years. In the mean time, no more trips to Vegas or San Diego. I will make all my mini vacations in Albuquerque. I fact I will set a goal of visiting at least four times a year, starting this September to get some chile.
It was COPS....good probability its taking place in ABQ!

I do agree with you about the nice sunsets.
I've been in Albuquerque for 34 years, except for two stints in the Caribbean for two years each. Sitting on my porch amidst my orchids in Trinidad, with my year round tan, a cold beer in hand, listening to the parrots roost in the bamboo stand behind the house and soca music coming from the neighbor's place in the evening, I often only longed for the first crisp autumn day in Albuquerque, a dusting of snow on the Sandias and the scent of fresh roasting green chile. Longed so much it hurt! I even made somebody send me a copy of the Albuquerque Journal once. Now that's desperate. It's good to see the wistful posts from those away from home, as it makes me appreciate being in the Duke City more.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service