I've got four days to graze in Burque. What should I include? I'm from the area, so I don't need to be "introduced".

Two caveats: I'm flexitarian (so not terribly meat intensive, but meat is not out of the quesion) and I need to be able to not overload on richness. This ain't my last four days alive.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a chile fix with booze: Cervantes in the lounge or fireside. Sans booze, Red Ball or Barelas.
Probably going to make a trip to Red Ball. Thanks!
Breakfast: Loyola's Cactus Flower Family Restaurant.
Lunch: Dim Sum at Amerasia (Now located ONLY downtown)
Dinner: Jennifer James 101
When did the original Amerasia close? How did I miss that?
Drove by 2 weeks ago and it had a real estate sign that said "Available"... some time around then, no doubt.
It's actually been closed for several months...possibly since last year, even.
Couple months ago. That's ok though, the new place is better overall.
Definitely going to Jennifer James 101. Haven't ever had Dim Sum. Intrigued... Never heard of Loyola's Cactus Flower Family Restaurant. Location?
Loyola's is at 4500 Central SE (Corner of Central and Adams). Best darned breakfast in town.

Go to the Frontier (Central at Cornell, across from UNM) for breakfast on an alternate morning.

As an alternative to Amerasia, consider Ming Dynasty at 1551 Eubank NE. They do a pretty good dim sum menu Friday-Sunday and holidays. 4 carts, good prices. It's really two different experiences, both worth having. Amerasia has the best chile sauce anywhere whereas Ming Dynasty is like the strip mall dim sum joints in the bay area (Which is where they're from).

Are you looking for unique-to-Albuquerque food, or just the best we have, whether it's available elsewhere or not?
I'm looking for a return tour de Albuquerque. I'm looking for a mix of the good, the unique, the digestible, and the healthy. I guess I want a mix of the good-new and the good-old. A mix of cuisines is good.
Do not go to Ming Dynasty, if you want Dim Sum, then the only place to go is Amerasia.
How could you be from the area and not know of Loyola's? Or even seen it?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service