Hey Folks,

Just curious what the choices are for cable and internet access in Albuquerque. I've had Comcast in Seattle, and the internet connection has been great, but the TV signal for certain channels can, at times, be less than stellar. I am not a fan of giving my hard earned $$$ to a company that tends to be a bully at times in the industry and also does not support Net Neutrality.

Overall they've been fine to deal with, but I was wondering what some other options might be and the experiences people have had.I should mention I work from home so I need a speedy connection.

Thanks!

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm wondering what signal is going to be in SW heights, along Dennis Chavez (Rio Bravo extension). Sprint cell was giving 1 bar.
You might do better with a device that handles more/different frequencies than what you're using. No idea how well that translates to laptop cellular cards, but it certainly can make a difference for cell phones. I used to have a little quad band AT&T phone (that included analogue)- would get signal in the Cibola mountains, in a canyon, 15 miles from the smallest town. Amazing.
I think that would be asking for too much, but thanks. If you ever get near 98th and Dennis Chavez, it would be interesting. But I doubt you would, there's absolutely nothing there :-)
It's almost a year later... are there any other high-speed ISP's available in albuquerque now? (preferrebly under $40?)
I work for Comcast and I will be happy to reach out to my contacts for promotions that you might be interested in. You can contact me if you are interested in my assistance.

Best Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

items in Duke City Fix More Duke City Fix photos

Latest Activity

Instituto Cervantes Albuquerque updated an event
Thumbnail

Festival Cervantes.Celebrating Spanish and Latin American Culture at Marble Brewery

April 26, 2014 from 4pm to 10pm
5 hours ago
Dorene DiNaro's event was featured
Thumbnail

RAICES Community Education of Traditional Medicine at Raymond G. Sanchez Community Center

May 3, 2014 from 10am to 3pm
8 hours ago
Dorene DiNaro posted an event
Thumbnail

RAICES Community Education of Traditional Medicine at Raymond G. Sanchez Community Center

May 3, 2014 from 10am to 3pm
9 hours ago
shotsie commented on Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Spreading the Word
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service