What the hey, people? 3500+ of ya'll were downtown to see the only Kenyan you've heard of that doesn't run foot races, and NOT ONE comment or post about it?

Hell, even the Alibi had notes up on the fly from Laura Marrich

Who was there? Speak and share and inspire!

Tags: barack, center, convention, election, obama

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK, I went. I got there at 11:30 to find the line wrapped around the convention center. I got in line at the SE corner of 2nd and Tijeras. It was COLD. It took about an hour in line as we made our way inch by inch to the 3rd St. entrance. There was another large line inside the convention center. I was directed to the overflow area downstairs when the Kiva Auditorium was closed. There were large television screens set up and a microphone in the center of the hall.

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to see Obama in person. Suddenly, Obama came into the overflow area and greeted the large crowd where I was. He said he wasn't going to give a big speech there but we would be able to see the forum on the monitors. He thanked people for coming out and was surprised by the larger than expected crowd. I was impressed that he made this gesture to the large number who didn't get into the main hall. I heard that he did the same thing to the crowd outside.

I liked his speech and am more familiar with some of his economic proposals. Obama is certainly charismatic and he generated a lot of excitement with the people in the overflow area. I liked that. It's been a long time since I've been enthusiastic about a Presidential candidate. I was undecided before today but now I'm going to vote for him.
I put up a post in my blog, from the one that I posted over at New Mexico FBIHOP. I was lucky enough to get in the auditorium, and I have to say, I was very impressed. Impressed by Obama and impressed by the large crowd both.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

items in Duke City Fix More Duke City Fix photos

Latest Activity

Nkazi Sinandile posted events
1 hour ago
Reading Works, Inc. posted an event
Thumbnail

Luncheon for Literacy at Tanoan Country Club

June 22, 2014 from 12pm to 3pm
5 hours ago
Masshole in Fringecrest's blog post was featured
6 hours ago
Albuquerque Philharmonic Orch.'s event was featured
Thumbnail

Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra Mother's Day Concert at St. Therese Church, 3424 4th St NW, Albuquerque

May 11, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service