After many scouting trips to ‘Burque, the spousal unit and I are ready to make the move. We like the people, the weather, the culture, the food, the overall “vibe”.

One thing seems missing, though. We’re big movie goers, and I can’t seem to find a good art house theater in town. I know about the Guild, and that UNM sometimes shows flicks. But is that all there is? What can we look forward to? Help!!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty much yes, Guild and UNM Sub Theater are the big ones,

Basement films sometimes does gigs here or there, and the downtown and far north theater will sometimes reserve one screen for more arty less mainstream movies.

we had a nice multiscreen art theater called the Madstone, but it closed.

Sometimes the old lobo theater still shows stuff, but its mostly a church now.

there is a hookah lounge (Hunab Hookah) that sometimes uses a projector to watch art movies .
Yes, the Century Downtown shows independent and foreign films. If you go there, you get 3 hours free parking in the nearby City parking ramp. It's also right across the street from the Alvarado Transportation Center, the main bus and train depot.
Perhaps you could salve your loss of movies by attending the multitude of local theater we have here in Albuquerque? There is a great deal of live entertainment to be had, and I understand the music scene here is in an upswing of activity . . . I just wish we could get the Guild to show Bollywood films . . .

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Dee Cohen's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Dee Cohen posted blog posts