Angie's List seems like a great idea. They do include Albuquerque in their list of cities.

They say, "A word-of-mouth network for consumers -
Angie's List is a growing collection of homeowners' real-life experiences with local service companies... Our members share their experiences with each other so that you can choose the service company that's right for your job the first time around.
"

Their list of services reviewed includes many categories besides those for the home, though I suspect it depends upon the locality on which services are covered.

It is not free, but not expensive either. There is a $10 sign-up fee, then either $4.50/mo or $35.25/year for our area (bigger discounts for longer term.) One could probably save that easily by selecting a reliable contractor, rather than a dead-beat... assuming the concept works in reality.

Which is why I'm asking if any of you are currently using the list here in the Albuquerque area, or did for a while, and think it is a good thing or a bad thing, or somewhere in between. They offer a money back guarantee if you sign up for the annual plan, but still I'd value your input.

Tags: angies, consumer, contractors, list, reviews, services

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many of my friends use Angie's List in other cities, but I haven't used it here yet. Word of mouth still seems works well in Albuquerque for things like plumbers, landscapers, etc....

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Melissa Ewer posted an event
Thumbnail

Nearly All You Ever Wanted to Know About BLM's Native Plant Materials and Seeds of Success Program at New Mexico Museum of Natural History

November 5, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm
21 minutes ago
Joan Fenicle posted an event
Thumbnail

Harvest Festival at Placitas Community Center

October 26, 2014 from 1pm to 5pm
1 hour ago
Johnny_Mango joined mjh's group
1 hour ago
Johnny_Mango joined Kemper Barkhurst's group
1 hour ago

Members