My co-worker watched some Food Network show and is now obsessed with chicken and waffles. Are there any Burque restaurants that serve it?

Tags: breakfast, chicken, food, restaurants, waffles, weird

Views: 1980

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ROSCOE'S!!!!!!
now i'm home sick for LA.....dammit soyjames.
...it absolutely amazes me some enterprising restaurant owner here has not jumped on this. I hope I'm wrong. It comes up many, many times in food conversations.

And considering how many LA people are here now, a 'chicken and waffle night' to bring the Roscoe's mojo would kill in an instant. That place is a trip. I was extremely skeptical about this combo...had heard about it for eons...until that first forkful.
Mmmm. Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. One of only a few things good about Los Angeles.
spoken like a true san franciscan....
SO FUNNY My family wanted Roscoe's a couple of years ago and since we didn't want to all travel to LA for a meal we threw a party. It was really a way for my mom to get everyone to come over and help repaint her deck. And although she is an excellent cook it wasn't no Roscoe's.
Haven't seen anyplace here that have this yet.
I used to go to a place in LA called Roscoe's chicken and waffles. I know it sounds strange but they taste sooo good together as long as the chicken and waffles are of good quality and cooked well. Not the best for the health but a nice treat every once in a while.
One of my former coworkers used to go get chicken and waffles somewhere on his late nights. Too bad I have no idea where that was. Last time I was in LA, we tried to go to Roscoe's- the line was out the door.
Just found out that the Cellar Bar at Zinc is doing this on Sundays. Probably not as traditional as most places, though. Haven't tried it!
The Rodeo Grill at Montgomery and Wyoming does a version...
The maple cream sauce is superb too--I was skeptical but it definitely won me over.
Sorry to be a tease, but I do know of a Duke City native running this awesome restaurant in CA called Restaurant P/30 who serves up fried chicken with brown butter waffles.... Come home, Patrick Tafoya! Albuquerque needs you!
There was a restaurant back in Cleveland that did this called Phil the Fire (it closed down in 2004). I'm a vegetarian now, so this doesn't interest me much anymore, but PtF introduced me to the joy that is the spicy-sweet combination of Tabasco Sauce and Maple Syrup.

Pancakes are a whole new world now.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

NoBull Bob liked Sophie's blog post Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1898
55 minutes ago
NoBull Bob liked Dee Cohen's blog post 11/28/14 Simbolo Zia
56 minutes ago
NoBull Bob liked Cathleen Cahill's blog post The Albuquerque First American
56 minutes ago
Dee Cohen's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago