Does anyone know anything about the new waterslide park being built by the Radisson Hotel in Albuquerque? Will it be opening soon? I was so shocked when I moved here that there wasn't something like that already (although I guess there was and then it shut down?) I freakin' LOVE waterslides!

Tags: waterslides

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe its not for people with carloads of kids? Maybe people with carloads of kids will continue to go to the public pools to cool off.;

the people who have had none or one or two kids after considering whether they could afford them and their pricy trips to the waterpark will be able to go, of course... thinking parents, planning parents, childfree people...... and tourists
i don't think cathyray was suggesting that the carload would have to come from one family.

but anyway, i know where my parents better stay when they come to visit us now, or they'll suffer the ire of my daughters....
this off track, I know, but I always had a carload of kids with me on trips to waterslides, etc & I only have one son.
There was a story about it in the Journal about a week or so ago. Dan Serrano is building it. You might check abqjournal.com.
Here's the Journal story...
thanks for the link. the article goes on & on about what a valuable asset it is for the community but never mentioned anything about general public use. that still kinda bugs me but I'll get over it in the next 5 minutes. Waterparks are fun.
Check out the City of Albuquerque's West Mesa Aquatic Center:

http://www.cabq.gov/aquatics/indoor-pools/indoor-pools

► Reply to This

Upload Files

Attach File(s):
Check out the City of Albuquerque's West Mesa Aquatic Center:

http://www.cabq.gov/aquatics/indoor-pools/indoor-pools
Yes there will be a water park, but from what I read a while back it will be open to people on a first come first served basis and open to guests of the hotel first. I guess I have not driven by Carlisle and 40 recently, but when I did the other day and saw they had put in the slides that go from the inside of the building tot he outside, I thought what an eye sore for Albuquerque. So tacky.
I hear it will only be available to hotel guests, why would I stay in a hotel 3 miles from my house just to use the waterslide?
Because you want to have some waterpark type fun and that is the only way how.

But that is actually only partly true. From what I have heard, it will be available FIRST to hotel guests, on a "capacity" basis- meaning if the hotel is full, but passes to the waterpark remain available, then they will be then sold to the general public.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service