Have you noticed that we are almost at 10,000 members?  As I write this, we are at 9950! What a milestone!  Can you remember when you joined?  I became a member in 2007. 

Duke City Fix would like to commemorate this milestone by doing something a little fun!  The 10,000th person will not only get a special gift, but will also have their picture become the default photo for all new members! 

Encourage your friends to become members and let's see who it will be!

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't remember what year I joined, but I remember that the Richardson photo was the default one back then.  :)

Cool! The Bill Gates mugshot photo was the best default profile pic EVER.

Wish more of them would get involved.  It seems like it is always the same 10-15 posters contributing.

I joined in 2005, just before I moved to Albuquerque.  It was a very, very different site back then, with only a handful of contributors, but it really had a thumb not only on the goings-on of the town, but its spirit and vitality.

It started moving more in the direction of social media with the introduction of a user forum - I was made a moderator to deal with the rampant spam inherent in that platform.  The switch to Ning changed things quite a bit, but I think after all is said and done it's what needed to happen.  The site has had its ups and downs, and I'm thrilled to see it appears to be on the upswing again.

I'm glad to see it becoming more active again. I discovered dcf shortly after I moved here in 2008, and find it both useful and fun. As for a default photo, how about Grumpy Cat?

So we're getting there.  As of this post 9964 members!

Maybe I should quit and try to rejoin at 10,000 so I can win. ;)

I think it was 2008???  I have been quite a slacker lately on keeping up on DCF.  I will say this website changed my life!!! 

It certainly did change your life AriesSweet!  Maybe I should write a story about it! ;)

I joined back when they had the old web log style before joining was mandatory or needed.  I've left since then and came back.  DCF is kind of addictive. 

Twenty members away from the 10,000 mark!  

misterhinkydink0, misterhinkydink1, misterhinkydink2...misterhinkydink18, misterhinkydink19...

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Events NHCC's event was featured
Thumbnail

Chispa: Pimentel Concert Series Gerardo Pérez Capdevila, featuring Hector García at National Hispanic Cultural Center, Bank of America Theatre

November 1, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9pm
4 minutes ago
Downtown Growers Market's event was featured
Thumbnail

Downtown Growers’ Market at Downtown Growers’ Market

November 1, 2014 from 7am to 12pm
4 minutes ago
Sí Serrano liked Adelita's blog post What To Do In ABQ
4 minutes ago
Jessica Osbourne's event was featured
Thumbnail

Halloween with Scotty & the Atomics ~alcohol free~ at the Aux Dog! at Aux Dog X-Space

October 31, 2014 from 6pm to 10pm
5 minutes ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service