I live 5 blocks south of the UNM campus and have noticed an ever-increasing presence of an ice-cream van that blares that annoying ice cream music while travelling streets at 5mph. The van starts around mid-morning and started back in late February. I find it strange that the ice cream van started in late winter and even trying to sell ice cream on cold days. Also find it particularly odd that the ice cream vehicle travels so much through the student ghetto area south of campus, first when the streets are totally vacant of people and not many children live in this area of town. Very Strange.
Anyone else dealing with this? I wish there was a city law, at the very least to not blare that depressing sounding music while travelling our city streets.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

omg, i live on Trumbull and Texas and they're ALWAYS out. even in the dead of winter and late until 11pm sometimes. What's worse is when you get two going by, and the tunes start trainwrecking! There is also this one that has a broken speaker or something. It sounds like it's dying in a creepy killer clown circus kind of way.
Oh yeah.... I work near Paseo and I-25, there is a mobile home park right next to the office. I heard ice cream trucks all winter long, once even when it was snowing. That was weird.
Try living on the edge of Roosevelt park. Sometimes, we get 3 of them at a time - seemingly year-round, but with alarming density in the summer. Maybe it is because I work nights, but these bastions of frozen daytime dairy are a massive nuisance in my neighborhood.

I understand that people need to make a living, I just wish they'd do it a little more ... quietly.
Ice cream trucks give me the creeps. When we lived in New England they were used by several child molesters to recon areas and see what little kiddos were left unattended. It is the perfect cover for someone with bad intentions and they were on a spree in several neighborhoods until caught. Never let my kids go near them. Home invasions were up in those neighborhoods as well but they were never able to connect the two.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

items in Duke City Fix More Duke City Fix photos

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service