saw a sign a few minutes ago on eubank at the site of jb's, next to the owl cafe that a sadie's
is going to open. that place will be swamped.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we noticed this too! I like the excuse to head out to north 4th myself, but I'm hoping the draw of the new location means we won't have to wait an hour to get a table on a weekend night. (before anyone tells me to go somewhere else if I don't like it, let me clarify that I'm not really complaining about the long wait, but more about the two margaritas I end up consuming in that hour. now if only sadie's would open a restaurant along a major bus route, my sweetie and I could both enjoy the wait and ride home safely.)
What, the North 4th bus line isn't major enough for you? Last bus leaves 4th and Griegos bound for downtown at 9:01 pm on weekdays; 9:38 pm on weekends. Seems about an hour between buses, though.

'Course, this all depends on where you live and where you would have to catch a connecting bus...
The guy that owns JB's made a deal with Sadie's to basically license their name and menu. It's almost a franchise deal. It won't be run by Sadie's family, but they will have a significant amount of control over what goes on there.
There was an article about the quick changeover in the Albuq. Journal Business section last week:

"Thursday, August 27, 2009
Heights Hot Spot

By Rivkela Brodsky
Journal Staff Writer
Sadie's fans in the Northeast Heights won't have to travel to the North Valley to enjoy its New Mexican dishes any more.
A second location will be opening in about a week at the former JB's at Eubank and I-40.
Work to transform the JB's restaurant at 15 Hotel Circle began Monday after the restaurant served its last dinner customers Sunday. The location will be closed until it reopens as Sadie's before Labor Day."
Yeah! A Sadie's within walking distance of the house. Now I can walk off all the calories that I'll be consuming there.
It's funny, I used to think of Eubank as Taco Sal territory, when Taco Sal was really good. But since they got new ownership they have been trash.

That's why I welcome a Sadies Eubank into my heart and mouth.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

DCMc liked Dee Cohen's blog post NM Pics: Landlocked
38 minutes ago
hettie's 2 blog posts were featured