Thanks for all the suggestions on the best burrito! You all had some new ideas for me to try.

Now I'm wondering if there is any place in town that does mexican grilled chicken? Most of you probably weren't here when El Pollo Asada was around (where Siam Cafe is now), but they had some good chicken. I know there is an El Pollo Loco somewhere, but I need a place in town.

Any suggestions?

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Helen's Bakery has good grilled chicken.

Taco Cabana has good Mexican rotisserie chicken

What about the Mexican wrestler dude on Central across from the U with the sign advertising a deal on half-chicken meals? The joint is called the El Bandito I think? Never been, but have been curious!
El Bandido is alright but nothing special...
There is a place called Pollo Real (I think) on Louisiana south of Zuni that specializes in Latin American grilled chicken (pollos a la brasa)....the chickens come with your choice of either Mexican or Columbian side dishes, and they have other Columbian food as well. Otherwise, try the South Valley...there are at least a couple Mexican pollos a la brasa places on south Isleta between Bridge and Rio Bravo, and one or two further west along Bridge.
My taste really loves El Norteno on Wyoming.  They have great Mexican dishes(not New Mexican) and Monica and her husband(can't remember his name) are great hosts.  As far as grilled chicken, I am not really sure but I bet they can do something for your palate.
How about Los Pollos Hermanos?   (snicker)

Thanks for all the replies!

We ended up trying El Pollo Real mentioned above on Louisiana and it was great!  We got it with the Mexican sides, but then tried some of the Columbian ones too.  Reasonably priced and close by, so we'll be back...

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Did you have the platanos fritos? Very tasty...

RSS

Connect with Us!

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

ABQ Blogs

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service