Are there any people that are not Marxist Hippies on this site?

If you are, what is apparently,in the minority of people on this site...let's chat about it!

Views: 53

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I don't remeber ever seeing that before. I don't think that was around back in '08.

Is this name a take-off from the "Walk Hard" movie spoof a couple of years ago?
Talk Hard was set up on 9 September 2008 - late in the year, so you may have missed it, JJ.
Okay thanks for the heads up Sophie. I only posted it here because it seems to have some relevance due to the "marxist hippie" vs. "libertarian conservative" vibe.
Please, conservative libertarian. Not all libertarians are conservative and many conservatives are not libertarian, a small but very important distinction
Chill JJ. I merely added that as a catch-all description, because a.) you used it yourself, and b.) i needed something to go with "marxist hippie".
I'm chill. But it's small matters like that that can alter the meaning of a discussion.

Or get you banned.
Ok, good point.
Good point about using terms precisely.

I was actually just wondering the same for your reference to non-Christian Black Liberation Theology - I was trying to figure out whether the non-Christian referred to BLT as a whole, or if you meant a particular subgroup of concepts within BLT. I assumed you must have meant the latter, since LT is (AFAIK) solely a movement within Christianity. I'm happy to be corrected if LT is used in other traditions, of course.

I think that inquiries like this can defuse misunderstandings, which often ratchet up emotions and lead to people getting banned for inappropriate behavior. (Note that my penultimate sentence keeps this comment on topic - posting off topic discussions is another reason people are banned, especially when they do this after they have been warned.)
The negative campaigning we have now, pales in comparison to what was prevelant in past centuries of US history, including the time of the founders.

Perhaps other countries could learn from our openess and free speech.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

items in Duke City Fix More Duke City Fix photos

Latest Activity

Nancy Marano posted an event

Feline Fiesta at New Mexico Expo

May 10, 2014 at 10am to May 11, 2014 at 5pm
48 minutes ago
Phil_0 liked hettie's blog post Morning Fix: Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
1 hour ago
Phil_0 liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Gate
1 hour ago
DCMc liked hettie's blog post Morning Fix: Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service