Hello Duke City -

I'm writing with a sense of deeply heartfelt irony. We live in Albuquerque yet it seems the city is tragically devoid of any sort of WHITE creamy chicken green chili stew. I don't want a brown, broth or clear soup, No sir. I want a white creamy stew. Despite looking high and low for this dish in Albuquerque I can't seem to find a Restaurant that has it. The Rally's next to Maloney's downtown closed and I haven't been able to find a substitute for my Monday and Wednesday soup fetish since then. I'm seriously going through deprevation anxiety.

Any suggestions?

Views: 2315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I put potatoes in mine & cook em into a sludge.
O'Niell's used to have a killer creamy green chile chicken soup. I don't get out much anymore, but I haven't seen it there in forever. Anyone know if they still make it?
Kelly's on Central has an amazing creamy green chili chicken soup! You also might want to try Jimmy's restaurant on Jefferson and San Antonio. I love both although Jimmy's is definitely friendlier to your wallet.
I second Kelly's....
Christy Mae's on San Pedro. Trust me on this one.
I even know some old, old-timers who add a can of mushroom soup to chicken and green chile for this effect. It's how I make green chile chicken enchiladas.
i can't think of cream of mushroom soup without thinking of this. one of my favorites...
I have to agree that Kelly's had a great creamy green chili chicken soup. Another place that has a very good one is Savory Fare on Montgomery. Give me that and some bread and I'm a happy camper!
I went into Kelly's last night by your request. They make this dish "when they feel like it". It's not a consistent dish.
Village Pizza in Corrales has great creamy green chile chicken stew
WELL, tomorrow, Slate Street Cafe is opening a new lunch restaurant in the Albuquerque Museum, and they have a great creamy green chile soup on the menu. Check it out!
All. Thank you for your suggestions. I live on the far North Side, 550 and 528. (Read: Mars). Is there anything I won't have to buy a plane ticket to eat at?

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Boofy's Best for Pets posted an event
Thumbnail

National Pit Bull Awareness Day "Pit Stop" & Halloween Pet Costume Contest at Boofy's Best for Pets

October 25, 2014 from 10am to 6pm
19 minutes ago
Adelita's blog post was featured
53 minutes ago
The Bindi Queen liked Sophie's blog post Barnett Building, circa 1908
1 hour ago
Adelita posted a blog post
1 hour ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee