The office is all aflutter after six fire trucks descended on Gold Ave between 2nd and 3rd streets.  There were conflicting stories from the fire fighters - some insisted we needed to evacuate, others said to stay put.  Everyone was out in the street - including a camera crew (I think from Channel 7) - trying to figure out what happened.

Apparently it was just one of the lighting ballasts (I think on one of the streetlights) that burnt out and caused an awful odor, but man, what a ruckus it caused!

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps that is what I smelled today while walking back home from Nob Hill along Central. Since we had to evacuate from Gila Hot Springs this past weekend because of the Miller Fire, my nose must have been primed to pick up smells of things burning! I kept sniffing the air and saying to my walking partner "Somethings burning" "Smell that?", "I hope the bosque is not on fire". By the time I got home, I had forgotten about it tho!

Pretty sure if you were in Nob Hill, it was coffee that you were smelling.

While searching for an exploding transformer video to post here (they can be impressive and stinky when they blow), I came across this "Fun With Electricity" video:

Connect with Us!

Community Forum

1st Annual Indigenous Comic Con

Started by Jazz in General Discussion on Tuesday.

Outside In? 2 Replies

Started by John Moore in New to Albuquerque. Last reply by Keith on Tuesday.

6th & Copper Safety Concerns 2 Replies

Started by Monica in General Discussion. Last reply by Monica Oct 10.

BURQUE NOIR, VOL. 2: We're Back!!!! 1 Reply

Started by Ebony 'Isis' Booth in Announcements. Last reply by Adelita Oct 4.

Last chance for chicken 3 Replies

Started by Stan Kravitz in General Discussion. Last reply by Stan Kravitz Sep 23.

Latest Activity

Taylor Ranch Library updated an event

Family Storytime at Taylor Ranch Library

October 22, 2016 from 10:30am to 11:30am
9 hours ago
Dee Cohen liked Lynn Marie Rusaw's blog post Burque Music Scene: Art of the Song
15 hours ago
Profile IconDuke City Fix via Facebook

On today's Burque Music Scene: Art of the Song

Burque Music Scene: Art of the Song

So I have been surfing the webs…

See More
Facebook16 hours ago · Reply
Adelita liked Lynn Marie Rusaw's blog post Burque Music Scene: Art of the Song
16 hours ago

Regular Features

Anyone can blog on the Duke City Fix, but here are the folks who blog most often:

© 2016   Created by Duke City Fix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service