After making the switch to CFL bulbs throughout my home, I've had nine of them burn out within a year. It is not limited to one faulty fixture or one brand or wattage. I've kept the dead CFLs in a cabinet waiting to learn where I can dispose of them properly. Has anyone else been less than impressed with these new bulbs? I'm not saving much money if I'm having to replace them more often than incandescents, nor am I doing the environment much good if I'm just adding to the Mercury waste problem.
see a PM report that rates different CFL bulbs