Dead FedEx 727 at the north end of the old North South runway.

Just wondering when Fedex is going to put the money into fixing the old girl so it can fly away and darken some other cities airport. Just curious ........

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's all yours - or at least the City of Albuquerque's.  FedEx donated it.  So, the City of Albuquerque gets a totally used up airframe for use as (from the CABQ website) "It will initially provide for emergency preparedness training and eventually, become an interpretive and learning center for the children of our community.", and FedEx gets a nice tax deduction for a charitable donation.

Enjoy.....

bobk

Thanx ,Now I just wish they would park it somewhere else ,It distresses me to see that aircraft slowly decompose everyday on my way home from work.

I think what really happened was Fedex had an aircraft with too many miles under her wings and needed to dispose of an airframe for free and chose Albuquerque to dump their trash.

John, re. your first reply I sympathize and completely agree.  As a pilot, it always disturbs me to see an aircraft slowly disintegrating, even an airliner.  Fly it, or if it cannot be economically repaired and flown, give it a new life by "recycling" its aluminum into a new aircraft.

Re: your second response, I might have been too subtle.  What you are suggesting is exactly what I was implying.  They not only get rid of an airframe that is probably no longer airworthy without incurring any out-of-pocket costs, they also got a nice tax deduction - and some PR - out of the deal.

CAVU.

bobk

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Johnny_Mango commented on Johnny_Mango's blog post That Person at the Door
20 minutes ago
Ben Moffett commented on Johnny_Mango's blog post That Person at the Door
24 minutes ago
Olivier Uyttebrouck's event was featured
Thumbnail

Musica Antigua de Albuquerque at Christ Lutheran Church