I'm putting together a list of geeky places to go around Albuquerque and New Mexico. I'm thinking of places like the Telephone Museum, Tinkertown, and the space monkey grave in Alamogordo. What offbeat and geeky places do you folks know about?

Views: 1068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are interested in a fascinating day-to-day glimpse into the people of the Manhattan Project, I'd recommend the book 109 East Palace by Jennet Conant.

Someone on DCF recommended this book to me a few years ago and I've been suggesting it to folks ever since.

The house at 8912 Candelaria NE where Jim Morrison lived for two years when he was a kid.

How about NM's examples of Land Art: The Center of the Universe near Las Vegas and The Lightning Fields near Datil.

Whoops, not Center of the Universe, but Star Axis near Las Vegas.

Friday Fractals at the Planetarium.

Awesome discussion, Edith! Thanks for posting...

Thank you, everyone, for your input! I'm starting a two-week series on the CNET Crave blog called Nerdy New Mexico:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57410558-1/nerdy-new-mexico-voy...

I'm going to hit up some things around Albuquerque and venture out into the state a bit as well. I appreciate the inspiration from everyone here on the Fix!

Ok, now I'm realysing I spend too much time online.  I had posted some recommendations on the CNet link, too and was pondering cross-posting it here when I saw this last reply.  Now I feel like I should go play outside for a while. 
I look forward to reading your series on Crave.

The tile house . . . on 4th & Gene

I don't think anybody mentioned the Telephone Museum of New Mexico. It's right downtown on the 4th street mall. It's only open a few days a week, but it's really a fun stop. I have to recommend it as a hidden geeky gem.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Krista commented on Sophie's blog post Who owes you money?
16 minutes ago
Adelita liked Sophie's blog post Who owes you money?
1 hour ago
Adelita commented on Sophie's blog post Who owes you money?
1 hour ago
shotsie replied to Granjero's discussion Transit. Why or why not?
4 hours ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service