I'm looking for a Toyota service place nearer my home than the one I've been using (which is in the East Heights, and is changing as older owners start shifting it into other hands). The ideal is an outfit that specializes in Japanese cars and has the skills and talent to keep older Toyotas (we have two) running in top form.

My own local experience is confined to Duke City Body, on S. Yale, where I've had all my vehicles' body work done -- I can walk home from there or take a bus. The service is solid, the guys who run it are affable and knowledgeable, and the prices are (so far as I can tell) city-comparable. So I'm content with that end of things.

Looking, though, for a good under-the-hood outfit, located around the university area and Downtown; not somebody who specializes in mercedes, say, but has a sideline in Toyota, but the other way around.

Suggestions?

Tags: Toyota, car, repairs, service

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We've had a bunch of work done at Alder Sons on San Mateo near Mountain. They specialize in Toyota, yet do work on other makes. I trust Shelby completely and can't imagine going anywhere else.
Shelby is at 265-5999
jeff's gasoline alley on tennessee, just north of central. my mom has been taking toyotas and subarus to them for about 25 years now and both my sis and I take our toyotas there too. they're not exactly cheap, but completely trustworthy and reliable. they'll also make every effort to find used or refurbished parts if cost is an issue the receptionist is candy and she's great about calling to discuss what needs to be done and what I can afford before they move forward with any work. because they're less than a block north of central, I catch the 66 or rapid ride to head back to the unm area. I've also heard good things about jim's on zuni and I think they might be a little more affordable than jeff's.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Sophie's 2 blog posts were featured
2 hours ago
Vernon's posted events
2 hours ago
Vernon's updated an event
Thumbnail

The DCN Trio at Vernon’s Black Diamond Lounge

October 18, 2014 from 7:30pm to 10:30pm
2 hours ago
Vernon's's event was featured
Thumbnail

Rudy Boy Experiment at Vernon’s Black Diamond Lounge

October 4, 2014 from 7:30pm to 10:30pm
2 hours ago
Albuquerque Philharmonic Orch. posted events
3 hours ago
Ben Moffett commented on Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: What Size, Pilgrim?
3 hours ago
Sophie liked Adelita's blog post Thirty Car Doors = Auto Hawk
3 hours ago
Ben Moffett joined Bosque Bill's group
4 hours ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, SophieAdelitaKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service