Hello, I'm looking to get a tattoo when I get to Albuquerque, and was wondering if anyone here had a recommendation for a good parlor, preferably near the university. Pay is not an issue, as I would want someone who does a top notch job rather than someone who does work for cheaper.

Views: 1600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4322 Central Avenue Southeast, Albuquerque, NM

Rick Valdez is the artist and is considered one of the best in the state.

(Discalimer: I went to art school with him)  :)

RE Mee:  'good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good...."

I can vouch for that.  My first tattoo cost ten bucks, was done with a walkman motor and a paperclip. And a lot of Canadian Mist.  Eh,  I was 18 then though so..

LOL
Oscar at Heart and Soul does amazing work.  They're on central near the university.  All of my friends go to him
web.me.com/gallonegro      !!!!!!!!!!!!!! rio grande and central peep the site.
As a matter of fact, I just got some fresh ink yesterday from Jeremy at Tinta Cantina!  I looked through most of the artist's portfolios and I don't think you can  go wrong with any of them.  I was quoted $150 for my new zia at another shop which is just ridiculous because Tinta Cantina quoted me at $60 which I think is a fair price.  Good tattoos ain't cheap and cheap tattoos ain't good, I totally believe that but a basic black zia shouldn't cost $150.  Anyhow, here's a pic, it's crooked (not paralell to my arm) on purpose :)    Good luck!
I think you ought to fill in that zia with red or yellow ink.  You didn't ask me, but just sayin' it would look good.
"Tinta Cantina quoted me at $60 which I think is a fair price." true dat...but im talkin bout big things...like my icon dealy its a tat on my stomach and costed me 150 an hour......i guess it's whats being tatted...is my point and how much work is involved...nice tat though...how did that feel down by your wrist???....im thinking bout a tat down there...
Yea, I know that for larger pieces most shops charge by the hour.  Thanks! I'm rather fond of my zia, despite most people's confused reactions. The wrist was not too painful. There were certain spots where it stung a bit more than usual but this is my fourth tattoo and I feel like I have a slightly higher tolerance for pain than most folks.  I do have to say that there were areas near my ankle especially that were close to the bone that really hurt and also the rib cage tattoo I have was probably the most painful.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service