Hello, I'm looking to get a tattoo when I get to Albuquerque, and was wondering if anyone here had a recommendation for a good parlor, preferably near the university. Pay is not an issue, as I would want someone who does a top notch job rather than someone who does work for cheaper.

Views: 1689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL
Oscar at Heart and Soul does amazing work.  They're on central near the university.  All of my friends go to him
web.me.com/gallonegro      !!!!!!!!!!!!!! rio grande and central peep the site.
As a matter of fact, I just got some fresh ink yesterday from Jeremy at Tinta Cantina!  I looked through most of the artist's portfolios and I don't think you can  go wrong with any of them.  I was quoted $150 for my new zia at another shop which is just ridiculous because Tinta Cantina quoted me at $60 which I think is a fair price.  Good tattoos ain't cheap and cheap tattoos ain't good, I totally believe that but a basic black zia shouldn't cost $150.  Anyhow, here's a pic, it's crooked (not paralell to my arm) on purpose :)    Good luck!
I think you ought to fill in that zia with red or yellow ink.  You didn't ask me, but just sayin' it would look good.
Yea, I know that for larger pieces most shops charge by the hour.  Thanks! I'm rather fond of my zia, despite most people's confused reactions. The wrist was not too painful. There were certain spots where it stung a bit more than usual but this is my fourth tattoo and I feel like I have a slightly higher tolerance for pain than most folks.  I do have to say that there were areas near my ankle especially that were close to the bone that really hurt and also the rib cage tattoo I have was probably the most painful.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Profile IconAlesha Evans-Brock and Catherine Gordon joined Duke City Fix
10 minutes ago
Adelita liked Duke City Fix's blog post Sanchez Wedding, 1912
11 minutes ago
AM commented on Kitson Harvey's blog post Morning Fix: Swoon!
33 minutes ago
Dee Cohen liked Kitson Harvey's blog post Morning Fix: Swoon!
1 hour ago

Members

Regular Features

© 2015   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service