According to owners Larry & Dorothy Rainosek, today February 10th is the 40th anniversary of the day they first opened the doors at the venerable Central Avenue dining spot.  This community is indebted to the Rainoseks - not only for running a really great place to meet and eat - but for all of their philanthropy with UNM and many other community organizations.

Happy 40th to The Frontier! 

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NPH has been there!??!?  Apparently I need to start going with you, Lita!  and I laughed out loud (in the library--bad, Krista) when I saw Benny's name on the list too.  Thanks
Krista, when NPH visits his family in town he always goes to the Frontier.  We saw him at Christmas time a few years ago and I was trying to hard not to be obvious.  I was beyond obvious looking at him.  It is hilarious how us mere mortals act when actually coming in contact with a celebrity!
*blush*

The Frontier is one of my favorite places to take out-of-town visitors. I'm always proud to show it off and they always have a good time.

I think so.  You used to be able to walk in from the back behind where the orange juice machine is (On the right side of the order counter as you face it now)...and I seem to recall there was a take out window right there?   I could be dreaming it.

I do remember when there was smoking allowed in the Frontier.   In the eighties, the front room was the place for punk-rockers to hang out, drink coffee, and smoke angrily.    

No take-out window at the Frontier ever.
About 10 years ago, Brook Shield was in town.  Her business contact here took Brook to The Frontier for a 'taste of Albuquerque'.  She was delighted so she said!
They are strong supporters of Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation, as well.

Great video about the celebration. Follow the link below.

http://bit.ly/gBUvt3

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service