I've been sort of confused on what's going on with horizontal and vertical IDs. I know most restaurants/bars won't let you drink if you have a vertical, but when can you get a horizontal? I'm turning 21 next week-- do I have to go to the DMV on my birthday to get a new ID if I want to drink that day?

Tags: dmv, id

Views: 665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I can tell, you're going to have to go to the MVD that day and get your new ID if you want to go out that evening. But now that they're giving us those crazy IDs from Washington, you might have to take your old horizontal one and the temporary paper one out with you. Best bet- if you have a passport take that out. (Just make sure to give it to someone else to hang on to if you're planning on making it a long night.) Bars, stores and restaurants can refuse service to anyone so the passport is your best bet until you get the new one.

Happy early birthday! :)
I went and got my horizontal the day after my birthday (my 21st was on a sunday, otherwise I would have gone day of) and was in and out quickly and never had a problem. I've heard that when you go now they cut the corner off your vert to invalidate it, but give you a new temporary paper one, you have to use the two together to get in anywhere, but it should work.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service