With Mardi Gras just around the corner, it is the time of year when I CRAVE some king cake. Babies and all, I want the full thing!

Is there anyplace in Albuquerque that makes King Cakes? Any special suggestions?

Tags: cake, food, gras, holidays, king, mardi

Views: 784

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Le Paris on Eubank or Dolce Vita on Lomas.  Might need to order.

Dolce Vita has moved to the shopping center at the NE corner of Wyoming and Candelaria and is now called Sergio's Dolce Vita. Might also be worth looking at Saratori (San Mateo between Lomas and Constitution).

I am pretty sure Great Harvest Bakery at the SE corner of Juan Tabo and Montgomery does them.

St. Mark's on the Mesa (Episcopal) Church celebrated Epiphany after Sunday service with Kings Cakes.  They were delicious and they were purchased at the French Riviera Bakery on North 4th Street.

They sell them at Pro's Ranch Market.

If a local bakery doesn't work out, Whole Foods sells huge King Cakes.  They always sell out.

If you want to try making your own, here's a recipe posted a few years back by a fellow fixer:

http://www.dukecityfix.com/group/albucooking/forum/topics/mardi-gra...

Le Paris definitely makes them.

If you're downtown, La Quiche Parisienne at Fourth and Copper has them....

La Quiche is awesome, too...

La Quiche is fantastic, they make the best pastries/croissants/etc., and do special orders (I even had them make a couple of football-shaped loaves of bread for a Super Bowl party the last few years...they do animals, too).

We make King Cakes at House of Bread on Carlisle, with lots of colored sugar icing and a baby inside. We usually start the Saturday before Fat Tuesday. It's a good idea to order one if you want to make sure of getting one.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service