We are looking for a daycare for our 1.5 year old Labradoodle.  She likes to play hard with other big dogs and needs room to run, but will also settle down when needed. There are a several choices here in town, so we'd like to throw it open to suggestions? Bueller, Bueller?

Cheers, Mi3ke

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mi3ke, Enchantment Pet Resort and Spa is absolutely fantastic. They know about and care about dogs, and they always work hard at making your dog's stay fun and entertaining. They're in Rio Rancho so if you're in Albuquerque it's a bit of a drive but well worth the extra effort.

Thank you Len! We appreciate you recommending us! Mi3ke, we'd be happy to show you our facility. We offer both doggie daycare and swim camp in our indoor pools. We're at 580 Quantum Road in Rio Rancho.

We always (and only) use Enchantment as well.  They've gotten more expensive over the years (from $32 per night for a "queen room" plus day camp, to now about $40/night), but we still think it's worth it.  We have an extremely energetic (even at 7 years old) Aussie who loves to play and run.  When we needed boarding, we toured 5-6 places around town including Enchantment, Zoey's TLC, Academy Boarding, VCA boarding, and Canine Country Club.  This was about 6 years ago.  Enchantment was by far the most pristinely spotless place, and the ratios of dogs to handlers at play time was excellent.  Dogs are divided into "big dogs" and "little dogs" for camp time, but that's more by temperment than actual size.  They've since remodeled and have a gorgeous outside play area.  They also have a wonderful "healthy pet policy" -- if your dog catches a communicable illness while there, they pay for the treatment.  We've used this twice, once for bordatella and once for a skin infection she seemed to get from grooming.  They paid for the antibiotics, x-rays, everything. 

My only tiny complaint is that the two times she was groomed there, she got bacterial skin infections.  Now, she's never been groomed anywhere else, so I don't know if it's a coincidence, or if she's just sensitive, or what.  But still, we love the place -- perfect for our dog.  I highly recommend you take a tour of a couple of places so you know what you're getting.

Well, I can tell you who NOT to use.  Sit, Stay, Play! All Day at 7401 Menaul.  We had arranged to drop the dog off today and tomorrow.  I was there at the agreed time of 8:30a and no one from the business was there.  All locked up.  I finally went next door hoping to get a better phone number to call and the business there said this happens a lot. 

You only get one chance to make a first impression and this business failed.  Good luck to the creditors when they go bankrupt.

Cheers, Mi3ke

Doggie Day Care Update:  Poking around online, we came across Caring Paws Doggie Day Care.  They are in the near Heights at 2519 Madison, near Cutler and San Mateo. Lily has been twice and so far so good.  A wide variety of dogs to plays with, reasonable prices, good hours.  So far, two paws up.  Give them a call: 883-7297

Cheers, Mi3ke

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

items in Duke City Fix More Duke City Fix photos

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service