Is there anyplace to get British pounds in Albuquerque? My bank won't do it. Other banks I've called require that you have an account with them. The online money exchange places charge a lot for shipping.

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I presume you want British pounds for a trip to Britain? My advice to you is to use your ATM card and get those pounds from an ATM machine in the airport when you arrive. The airports all have ATM machines and you'll get a better rate of exchange, too. You will get charged a service fee for the withdrawal, unfortunately, but you can check with your bank to see what they charge for international ATM withdrawals.

I know Wells Fargo carries foreign currencies, but I don't know if they require you have an account there or not...
That's my problem - I'm not going to be anywhere near an airport. I arrive in port and after asking around, found out that there is no ATM there. I'll need to cover my taxi ride to the train station. I'm hoping to get some pounds before I go.
I'm heading out in a couple weeks. I did just check into the Wells Fargo option - I may be able to get that to work.
Your taxi driver would take you to an ATM, I'll bet. But if you can get pounds at Wells Fargo, you won't have to worry.
you may ahve to open an account in branch of your bank in ny and transfrer the money ther and then to a local bank. or they will take your money honey
I've always received my foreign currency from Wells Fargo, and I want to say my grandma (who doesn't have an account with them) received her foreign currency from there as well. The other option is to just use an ATM card for things while you're out there (you wouldn't need to worry about needing cash for tips since it's not expected of you in Britain). Using your debit card also ensures that you receive the best currency exchange. Just an idea.
you'll probably just find some by posting here. I might have a few left myself... I've got tons of euros, lira, drachma, rupees, reales, soles, pesos, pesos, pesos, pesos... too many damned countries use pesos...
I also have some Euros, if you'd like to buy them. You can probably use them for the cab ride. My experience with UK is that most places take both currency.

And I'm fairly sure you'll find an ATM right there somewhere.
Have you tried the airport? I am not sure if they have a kiosk there or not. The exchange rate won't be as good as if you use your ATM card when abroad. But you can perhaps get what you need to get started and then get the rest while in the UK.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service