This is so hilarious. It always blows me away that there are such (ignorant) people out there. This was in Washington Post:

Locksley's Magic Works for Lobos

It didn't take long for New Mexico Coach Mike Locksley to start working his local recruiting magic for the Lobos.

Coolidge quarterback Emmanuel Yeager and wide receiver Derrell Person - both previously committed to other schools - have committed to play for New Mexico. Yesterday, DeMatha wide receiver Emmanuel McPhearson pledged to play for the Lobos; his older brother, Derrick, played for Locksley at Illinois.

While Coolidge Coach Jason Lane went to Ballou with Locksley and has maintained a relationship with him ever since, Lane said he was surprised by the choices of his players. Yeager previously had committed to Louisville, while Person had committed to Syracuse, although the Orange recently hired a new coach.

Yeager recently took an official visit to Albuquerque, but Person made his choice sight unseen and plans to make an official visit later this month, Lane said.

"It was a surprise to me when I spoke to Yeager and he told me he was speaking to Locksley," Lane said. "Locksley came in and he spoke with the guys. I don't know what he said to make them make that decision. But it's the decision they made and it was solely on their own and one they have to live with. [New] Mexico is not like the States. It's a different scneario in New Mexico. But it's the decision they decided to make and I'm going to help them in any way to get there and be successful.

"I'm sure [Locksley] will get some more area kids down there because he's been successful with this area wherever he has been."

Elsewhere, Gonzaga Coach Joe Reyda said that offensive lineman Mark Rehbein, who is 6-7 and 300 pounds, has committed to play for Elon.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/recruitinginsider/2009/01/locksley...

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once saw a documentary on the subject of our USA plate with Linda Ellerby; yes, it is totally deliberate. I love it!
ya gotta love it!

RSS

Connect with Us!

Featured Events in Albuquerque

Big Changes to the Fix!

We're making changes to the Fix! Check in with us for local news stories, events, photos, all the usual DCF stuff, on Facebook and Instagram starting September 1st. Find out more!

© 2017   Created by Duke City Fix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service