I need to find a reasonably priced place in town to get the oil changed in my car. Anyone have a favorite place they can recommend?

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay! Ain't he wonderful! A real honest mechanic!!!
I have always been happy with the service and prices at Brake Masters. I use the one near Alameda / Coors.
No up-selling either. Discount coupons online.
BTW - forget the 3,000 mile sticker. Just a way to get more biz. Go every 4-5K and your engine will be fine.
LeBron James has a automotive repair shop chain?
I'm a Senior Woman who is savvy on cars - I was a Racing Car Driver of Porsche in my 20's. I have not been to a Jiffy Lube in 15 or so years. I would go in to the one on Coors near I-40 and the 'technician' would invaribly come into the Waiting Room to ask ME what kind of oil did my generic Honda Civic require? WHAT? YOU are the 'technician' and are asking ME? Try the sticker in the door jamb or if all else fails, here is my Honda Handbook.

After having that little 'jive act' pulled twice, the 3rd time I went there the 'technician' showed me my RADIATOR CAP and swore it had rust - needed a radiator flush and possibly a NEW Radiator. I told him I would take it to the Dealer. Never went back to a Jiffy Lube since then.

I use Pete's Garage on Wyoming at Montgomery. Terrific service and HONEST mechanics!
There's a place on San Mateo just south of Zuni called Prolube. Husband and wife team - they're awesome.
I second your recommendation for Ray and Liz Chavez at Prolube. They may not be the cheapest but Ray, a retired police captain, can give you his opinion on US trade policies or whatever he's read recently while working on your car as you sit and listen on a chair by the pit! He will not try to sell you anything you don't need, either.
They are no longer open on Saturdays, however.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

August March posted an event
Thumbnail

100K Poets for Change + Things in Light: A Happening for Peace, Love and Understanding at Tortuga Gallery

September 27, 2014 from 7:30pm to 10:30pm
3 hours ago
Adelita liked The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem V.B. Price...
8 hours ago
Linda Schroeder is now a member of Duke City Fix
8 hours ago
Krista liked The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem V.B. Price...
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service