A new Facebook page made the news. The owner started the group on Saturday.  As of Wednesday evening, 11,500 members strong.

Views: 2679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know the first Blake's was what is now Acapulco Taco's on San Mateo and Southern. #2 is the one on Washington, just a little back from Menaul.

I think the Ford dealership in 1950 (or one of them) was on the NW corner of University and Central. That building is now used by UNM.

No, that was Galles Cadillac and Oldsmobile. You can still see the Cadillac and Oldsmobile emblems carved in stone on the front of the building.
I believe you are referring to what was once Galles Motors. Galles moved there in the fifties. They were originally on Copper between Fifth and Sixth,across from the El Fidel Hotel.
The Billy Graham Crusade came to Albuquerque in I think 1950/51. Anyone know where the original tabernacle is located? The building was later occupied by Sears and then became a roller rink. I am told one can find some good building and plumbing supplies there now.
The ReStore building, San Mateo and Central just south of Octopus Car Wash. The Rainbow Roller Rink is still missed...

Right on Phil. Do you remember where the original ice rink was located? Albuquerque's first Dairy Queen?

Unless it's the old Iceland Bowl (now a go-kart rink), I'm afraid I don't...do tell...
In about the 200 block of Truman NE. West side of street. I believe it was gutted by fire. The first Dairy Queen in Albuquerque was at Central and California,north side of US 66. It was a window service affair. That shop was moved about one block west to just east of the Albuquerque National Bank's first branch office in the heights on the northeast corner of Central and San Pedro.On Cenral east there was once a marker that said one mile above sea level. Do you know the approximate block?
The ban at San Pedro and Central was "Bank of New Mexico". Albuquerque National Bank was at Washinton and Central.
Rainbow Gardens
Anyone remember Hoyt's Dinner Bell restaurant? Often, when I am on east Central, I try to figure out where it was located.
Hoyt's Dinner Bell sounds very familiar. I am going to say this restaurant was located one block west of Yale on the south side of Central. If I recall right, there is a small triangle just to the west where Cottage Bakery used to be. We used to stop in there and get hot cinnamon roles after going to church at Saint Charles over on Coal. We rode the bus down from the east measa and walked over to the churh[circa. 1945].

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Ron Da Bomb liked Adelita's blog post Burque Music Scene: Mystic Vision
1 hour ago
Phil_0 liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Turquoise Domes
2 hours ago
Chris liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Orange Sky
3 hours ago
Denise Weaver Ross posted events
6 hours ago

Members