This posted on their Facebook page.  What's going on in Nob Hill?  Revolver Vintage is one of the coolest stores in town, IMHO.  I'm heartbroken!!!

Let's here it for the BAILEY'S!! WHERE PEOPLE ARE HUMAN BEINGS!!! TODAY WE HAVE LOST OUR SHOP. OUR STORE. SOLD OUT FOR THE SAME AMOUNT THE SAME COUNTER BUT THEY PICKED THE OTHER GUY BECAUSE HIS FINANCIALS WERE STRONGER. OUR FINANCIALS WERE GOOD ENOUGH BUT HIS WERE BETTER. SO TO HIM IT WENT. NOT THAT WE HAD ANY TIME TO GET MUCH TOGETHER SINCE WE ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT IT A WEEK AGO. WE HAVE BEEN TREATED BADLY. WORSE THAN BADLY. I'M SORRY, BUT REVOLVER IS CLOSING. THANKS TO DISCO DISPLAY, AKA THE POTTER'S OF ALBUQUERQUE. GOD BLESS THE BAILEY'S I WISH I HAD RENTED FROM YOU, BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULD BE IN MY BUILDING INSTEAD OF BEING THROWN OUT OF IT. 10 YEARS OF BUILDING, OF BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS. WE WILL MISS ALL OF YOU. WE ARE CLOSING AND THIS IS BREAKING OUR HEARTS. =(

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very depressing. Nob Hill certainly seems to be changing fast, and not for the better. I will take funky clothing shops and bookstores and record vendors over chi-chi "boutiques" any day...

More news/context:

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2013/03/13/nob-hill-bui...

The Disco Display people sold the building and rejected the Revolver folks' offer in favor of another bidder. Sounds like unless the new potential owners have bigger plans for the space that have not yet been made public, it's not necessarily cut and dried that Revolver will be closing anytime soon. But who knows?

After reading that article.  Something doesn't seem Kosher.  Like the original posting by revolver and them posting on their Facebook page doesn't add up.  Not cool of them to insinuate .  Now the Revolver fans are posting on Disco's page about how terrible people they are.  

Is the entity that is buying the building a local company/person also?  We don't know the whole story.

Yeah, the comments from the owner that appear in the article seem pretty out of tune with the FB posting. In the article she says she doesn't know what's going to happen, but in the FB posting comments she says "we're done." The tone of the posting is really inflammatory, but the fact that the sale hasn't been completed means their offer could still be considered if something doesn't work out with the first accepted offer. Although I'd imagine that's less likely now. 

Also, I had no idea that the "Disco" in Disco Display House was actually the family name. I just assumed it was a party place that opened in the 70s when you might need to rent stuff for your disco party!

Yeah, I posted this before I saw the article Phil posted.  Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Erm, I don't know that I'd take any screaming tirade posted on Facebook for gospel truth.  Sounds like Ms. Anastasiou is jumping to conclusions:  why would the other bidder automatically kick viable tenants out?  Plus, the article Phil linked to says the deal isn't even done, so like Phil says, it could fall through. I hope the potential new owner doesn't have a plan to raze the building and put up a behemoth fancy loft complex like the Daskalos Debacle down the street. 

Pretty crazy, though--I had no idea the Discos owned that building--and $400,000 seems kind of cheap to me (although I admit to having zero idea of commercial property values). 

Her use of a "It's a Wonderful Life" metaphor is quite stupid, too.

It sounds like it's *just* the Revolver building, not the rest of the block. At least that's how I read the Business Journal piece. If it's the whole block, their reaction is even more unhinged. After exhorting their fans to hate-bomb the Disco Display House FB page, the Revolver Facebook page is now urging them to leave nasty comments on their Yelp account. Pretty weird...although their own later FB comments suggest their fate is indeed up in the air, the Anastasious are certainly acting like they're done and there's no reason to think before they post. Very strange. 

Oh, yeah, you're right.  I was reading that the building contained Toad Road and Elsa Ross, which was wrong.  In that case, yes indeed, the new owner may have something in mind for that spot.  But hey, that's the breaks in the business world.  The Disco family trust was not obligated to accept the Revolver bid and judging from their reaction on the rejection of their bid, I am guessing this animosity may not just have started.  

Maybe Revolver can move into the space Book Stop Jerry vacated...

Their latest Facebook post:

We are closing Friends, we are not having a sale or liquidation as we don't know where we'll go or what we will do next. Thank You for 10 Years of Support and Friendship ♥

Hello,

Thanks for posting this last year. That was a horrible time, and a lot was going on that couldn't be shared publicly. I would like to say that we never asked people to slander the Discos only to support our bid for buying the building. They sold the building to someone else for "not a better offer" in short. I just wanted to clear up some misconceptions about the It's a wonderful life post as well. It's my favorite movie, and the reason I posted it is because we had a 10 year relationship with the owners of the building, and when you rent from someone and have a good relationship you think you will be treated fairly. In the world of real estate, the right thing would have been to offer the building to us, but, they didn't. There were a lot of things that happened also that I don't want to bring up, it is still hard, but, that is why I posted that. We tried to open in another building but it turned out to be a disaster, and in short we lost everything. I know that both Das and myself loved having the shop here, and most of all loved all the customers, and only have great memories of working with everyone, and hope that everyone will remember us with good memories as well. Support your local small businesses, it is very very hard to be a small business owner. Thanks for reading my comment. Kind Regards, Samantha Anastasiou. 

Let's hope at least no one cuts down anymore trees along Central in Nob Hill!

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service