We've got some Gleeks in my family, so after tonight's show I started reminiscing about my high school days nights of driving to Hollywood to catch the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Is there anywhere in the Albuquerque area where people can catch the show today?

Views: 806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Midnight Movies! Somebody bring 'em back please.
Yes! I love the guild, but they kinda ticked me off when i went to a alibi advertised midnight movie, and found that it was a 10pm movie. 10pm is not the same as midnight!
Oh yeah! The Lobo used to have wonderful movie/popcorn/soda deals for the late movie
Yes, talk about the good 'ol days....I can't recall if The Guild played Rocky Horror frequently, but The Lobo did midnight showings like every weekend around Halloween / October. I believe also a few times through out the year. I so wish there was a theater that still did the midnight showings like maybe Highland or even The Lobo, although not sure what the inside of The Lobo looks like anymore.
We're Gleeks too...if you here of any theater that is showing "Rocky Horror Picture Show" please post info.
I know atleast very recently there have been showings down in Socorro at NM Tech.
There may be a screening next year by the good folks at the KiMo Theatre.
I wonder if we could rent a space? I have very fond memories of RHPS in High School.
I remember watching it live at the Highland Theater back in 2003. Ahhh memories...
I used to go into DC to watch it in Georgetown... don't remember the name of the theater... my memory has faded. :-) but I'd be up for a revival. as long as it comes with performers and full on audience participation. Because really, the movie is pretty stupid.
The movie is just a film version of the musical, which is no more stupid than many other musicals.
Of course, the participation is what it was all about or did I miss something with dialogue and acting?

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

AlbuquirkyPhotos replied to Mi3ke's discussion Buying a Laptop
25 minutes ago
Corrales Society of Artists posted an event

CSA/NMAM 2014 Holiday Fest at Soccer field south of Corrales post office

November 28, 2014 at 10am to November 30, 2014 at 4pm
31 minutes ago
Adelita commented on Bruce Welton's blog post Thanksgiving: A 2014 Primer
47 minutes ago
Adelita liked Bruce Welton's blog post Thanksgiving: A 2014 Primer