Hi, I'm a masters runner training for marathons usually. I've recently moved here from CA and really miss my running peeps. Anyone know a group that trains fairly seriously but has a lot of fun too. I've been doing way to many solo run's and workouts and would love some company. 

Views: 481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I don't know where the masters runners are here. It's kind of odd. Perhaps the altitude affects us more? I had a period in my late 30's when I thought my pr days were over but the training is cumulative and it payed of at 39-41ish. I also have been running since I was 12. So 30+ years. 

I started running, as opposed to other sports which included running a little later than that, with my puppy Aug 96. I started "training" several years later which goes back to living up to your potential. Hopefully I can still break 2:40 but not betting on it. And if not, hopefully I can at least get back to where running is fun and not a chore. Now it just hurts and when I think about what I was doing two years ago, it hurts worse.

Oh I feel your frustration. My former Goal Marathon Pace is now a Vo2Max effort and current half Marathon pace effort was my former easy/recovery pace. Trying to let it go but yes, it's beyond frustrating. 

I don't that much about marathon running, but how's your sleep since moving to ABQ?  Sleep quality (and other health fundamentals) can have insidious impacts on athletics.  I know it affects mine.  Sleeping is one aspect of effective rest.

So true. I don't sleep as well and recovery has been an issue. I've had to adjust my training accordingly.

Ask at any of the specialty shops: Heart and Sole, Gil's, even Sports Systems. Seems like I always am overhearing folks talk about various clubs at those places. I know they're out there. Periodically, I even run into Olympic athletes from around the world training here for the altitude. But you're right, it can be a diffuse community. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

Thanks. I tried that. I was told about a couple "just want to finish" store run groups shooting for 4 - 5 hrs and the "washed up" olympians still running 2:20s.Seems most people around here run on their own.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

ABQ Blogs

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service