Hi, I'm a masters runner training for marathons usually. I've recently moved here from CA and really miss my running peeps. Anyone know a group that trains fairly seriously but has a lot of fun too. I've been doing way to many solo run's and workouts and would love some company. 

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I don't know where the masters runners are here. It's kind of odd. Perhaps the altitude affects us more? I had a period in my late 30's when I thought my pr days were over but the training is cumulative and it payed of at 39-41ish. I also have been running since I was 12. So 30+ years. 

I started running, as opposed to other sports which included running a little later than that, with my puppy Aug 96. I started "training" several years later which goes back to living up to your potential. Hopefully I can still break 2:40 but not betting on it. And if not, hopefully I can at least get back to where running is fun and not a chore. Now it just hurts and when I think about what I was doing two years ago, it hurts worse.

Oh I feel your frustration. My former Goal Marathon Pace is now a Vo2Max effort and current half Marathon pace effort was my former easy/recovery pace. Trying to let it go but yes, it's beyond frustrating. 

I don't that much about marathon running, but how's your sleep since moving to ABQ?  Sleep quality (and other health fundamentals) can have insidious impacts on athletics.  I know it affects mine.  Sleeping is one aspect of effective rest.

So true. I don't sleep as well and recovery has been an issue. I've had to adjust my training accordingly.

Ask at any of the specialty shops: Heart and Sole, Gil's, even Sports Systems. Seems like I always am overhearing folks talk about various clubs at those places. I know they're out there. Periodically, I even run into Olympic athletes from around the world training here for the altitude. But you're right, it can be a diffuse community. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

Thanks. I tried that. I was told about a couple "just want to finish" store run groups shooting for 4 - 5 hrs and the "washed up" olympians still running 2:20s.Seems most people around here run on their own.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Gail Rubin posted an event
Thumbnail

ABQ Death Cafe at Swiss Alps Bakery Cafe

September 27, 2014 from 2pm to 4pm
2 hours ago
lisa gill posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Teresa Gallion liked The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem Mitch Rayes...
5 hours ago
Teresa Gallion commented on The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem Mitch Rayes...
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service