Orale! Casa Guera is getting a little warmish, and it's time to set up the swamper. The problem? It needs a tad more maintenance than I can competently perform. Does anyone know that guy who advertises as the Swamp Cooler Guru on the bandit signs? Is he any good? What's the number if he is? I can't seem to find any of his signs (I thought I saw one on Osuna, but can't remember).

We need a new pump and the belt is a bit tired. . . poor swampy.

Tags: Guru, Swamp Cooler

Views: 664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh, i saw that sign last week...and thought I should go back and get the number... I saw it in front of the Lowes on 12th and the Interstate.  Don't know anything about him, though.  Good Luck.

I recommend Tracy at Plumbing Connection. 

I second tracy. we've hired him for multiple small jobs and a huge plumbing disaster (the basement catastrophuck of 2010) and he was great--super professional, fast and worth every reasonable penny.

we have been using the Guru's service for going on four years now ~they are professional, extremely competent, thorough ...& most importantly, affordable:)
O yes: their number is 818-2929

Swamp cooler really needs more maintenance and gallons of water than any portable air conditioning, so it's always better to install an ac. It's very tough to find this swamp cooler guy, instead, you can take help from AA, who would suggest you better which cooling device would be appropriate, after inspecting your house.

I disagree, not on the principle of water use, but on the principle of electrical use. Air conditioners suck power like crazy. The majority of electrical power we get in Albuquerque is from natural gas and coal powered power plants. I refuse to use more energy that is generated in such an unclean way. Besides, I don't want to have to pay hundreds of dollars for electrical bills this summer.

A swamp cooler runs a fan and a recirculating pump, neither of which use very much electricity. The water use is not so high, only 3% of typical residential consumption. Anecdotally, I can testify that those who have green grass lawns that suck up gallons and gallons of water also have air conditioning.

I will keep my swamp cooler, thank you very much.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Popejoy Hall posted events
6 minutes ago
ABC Library posted events
38 minutes ago
Sophie posted a blog post
42 minutes ago
misterhinkydink commented on dillydallydewey's blog post Art, Kids, Albuquerque!
1 hour ago

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, SophieAdelitaKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service