Vanilla Beans I just got a bunch of them from India would like to get some ideas on best use and offer some up

sorry if this comes off as spam,

I recently import some amazing Vanilla Beans from India, I like to offer them for sale to any foodie in Abq that would be interested, 10 beans $10.00. also if anyone has any good ideas for any interesting uses, I’ve already start to make some extract in vodka, some ice-cream, chai tea 

Tags: Vanilla, baking, gourmet, ice-cream

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steeping them in good vodka was pretty much my only idea.  Maybe some Tito's or for a New Mexico flair you could use Don Quixote Blue Corn Vodka.

My cousin-in-law gave us some fresh vanilla steeped in Tito's and the smell alone makes me happy. 

thanks that sounds great

Get 4-8 oz bottles, fill with vodka. Slice bean on one side only to expose seeds and stick 1 vanilla bean in bottle. The vodka preserves the vanilla bean and inturn the liquid can be used to inhance baked goods (use as you would pure vanilla extract) give as Mother's or Father's day gifts 

Put a couple of them (whole-not slit) into your sugar canister.  Makes wonderful vanilla-sugar for baking.

Place one in a jar of good honey. Yummy.

Check some of the recipe sites for ideas tho most seem to mention only desert type of dishes one I read on AllRecipes suggested using is with other ingredients as a rub on a pork roast. Apparently chefs are liberating it from only being used in sweet dishes.

I gather from what I read it will not last terribly long. It can be ground and I'd put some in a plain yogurt if I had a lot of it.

Good luck! 

I was at Jimmy Cafe for lunch today and they took some of my Vanilla bean and are going to make a pineapple upside down pancake with Vanilla Syrup this Sunday with them. can’t wait to taste them

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

items in Duke City Fix More Duke City Fix photos

Latest Activity

Reading Works, Inc. posted an event
Thumbnail

Luncheon for Literacy at Tanoan Country Club

June 22, 2014 from 12pm to 3pm
30 minutes ago
Masshole in Fringecrest's blog post was featured
1 hour ago
Albuquerque Philharmonic Orch.'s event was featured
Thumbnail

Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra Mother's Day Concert at St. Therese Church, 3424 4th St NW, Albuquerque

May 11, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
2 hours ago
Albuquerque Philharmonic Orch. updated their profile
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service