DCF-erinos;

What is the deal with Street Food Asia? They have taken forever to open and now they are just getting slammed on the review sites. Someone clearly invested heavily in our neighborhood and we want them to succeed, but I am not going to waste my time and money to be treated like trash by a creepy host (see reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon). The website is terrible with no real menu listed, but I assume it is asia fusion, which I really love. Are they being treated fairly? Can anyone tell me their experience (beyond the dickweed host)?

Thanks

Tags: Asia, Food, Street

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Granted, Zuni1970, my residency post-dates construction of the  view-blocking building.  I get your drift.
I wasn't impressed with the menu either, or the difficulty finding something that didn't include cuttlefish or fishballs.  The chicken satay was boring and the sauce was wrong.  I've had satay (chicken shishkabob with peanut sauce) in Malaysia and several places here and I think it's hard to ruin it.  My entre wasn't memorable, either.  Hope they get it together, because I liked the ambiance and love the idea.
I ate there for the first time a couple days ago.  The menu system is terrible and complicated.  The atmosphere is pretty good.  The food is tasty but not necessarily unique.  However, it was pretty crowded and the service was really good.
This place is fantastic.  I happened to walk in tonight after screening my doc at the Guild, and not only did I have a fabulous sampling of the various meat, noodle, veggie rolls, imported saki, etc, but the gracious owner Tai comped my friends and I just because he liked us.  I have not been in a more welcoming, eclectic restaurant in Albuquerque.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Dee Cohen's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Dee Cohen posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Krista liked Sophie's blog post Morning Fix: Breaking CSI
5 hours ago
Sophie liked Adelita's blog post Albuquerque
8 hours ago

Members