Good morning, Albuquerque.

Say, I was just wondering: what's up with that place Tanoan?

Views: 348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why does it seem mysterious? I'm trying to figure out where you are coming from -
did you move to Albuquerque from someplace that doesn't have gated communities?
It seems very, VERY mysterious to me. I drove around there with a friend. You can't see ANYTHING at all; it's very similar, say, to a military installation. That just struck me as a little "off". Or worse.

It's interesting to think about: why would someone want to do that, you know?
Is it not possible that they walled and gated their 'community' specifically to keep curious people from driving up and down their streets and prying into things that aren't their business?

I'm not a fan of the "gated community" and the attendant crap they bring but at the same time, I figure it's their right to do so and none of my business to worry about it unless/until they do something wrong. If you feel it's so dangerous, then by all means pull a black op, go all ninja on them and bring out hard evidence something's rotten in Denmark, er Tanoan, otherwise it seems to me that it's best to simply live and let be.
Go read The Stepford Wives. That's the creepy thing you can't put your finger on.
And yes, I came from Delaware. There is nothing of the kind in Delaware; this is perhaps why this whole "Tanoan" business has me in a perplex.
Geeze, Ben! you've posted more videos on this one thread than anyone's ever posted on any other! :)
And they say fences don't work at keeping people out.

Does the Whitehouse have one?
Yeah, and a whole lotta guys with guns to get after the one or two occasional wack jobs who decide to hop the fence or parachute in.
I heard that the men in Tanoan all replace their wives with robots that are exactly like the wives they replace, but more eager to obey and serve their husbands. It inspired a novel and then a made-for-TV movie. That was before its original name, Stepford, was replaced by the new name Tanoan for P.R. reasons.
Eckleburg,

If that were true, I would not be surprised at ALL.
Say, if you'd been watching the news or reading the Journal lately, you would have seen Tanoan from above. Well, at least one house: Doug Vaughn's palace.

Tanoan is all about money and being able to close yourself off from them what don't have it.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Aux Dog Theatre Nob Hill's event was featured
Thumbnail

O'Keeffe! by Lucinda McDermott --- the great 20th c artist's life & art at Aux Dog Theatre Nob Hill

August 21, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
31 minutes ago
Bob Gusch shared their event on Facebook
31 minutes ago
Bob Gusch posted an event
Thumbnail

Bobcats Duo (Dan Dowling & Bob Gusch) at Chocolate Dude

August 23, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm
31 minutes ago
Dee Cohen liked Adelita's blog post Morning Fix: Same Old Blues
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.