Good morning, Albuquerque.

Say, I was just wondering: what's up with that place Tanoan?

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was a great thread. Not as much about the witty and sometimes hilarious content, but more about the nothingness of it all. Perfect material for a Seinfeld episode!
I live in a community surrounded by walls and trees have been planted around it to make sure no body can see in. A security guard makes his/her rounds each night to keep out the troublemakers.

I am a white male who usually votes Republican.

Care to guess what kind of community I live in?
No.

Well, maybe... is it a nudist community?
Sometimes, but usually only inside my own casa.
You disgust me, Granjero. Nude within the confines of Casa Granjero. Gag.
That's what SHE said! haha ... wait... uhm...never mind...
Obviously, you live somewhere that you think stereotypers wouldnt guess you live in. So, I'm going to guess you either live on base at Kirtland, or in a mobile home park.
Prison?
yeppers..... I live in a lower income mobile home park that is predominately non-english speaking mexican immigrant inhabited.

Almost EXACTLY like Tanoan.....
A few years ago, well it must have been like 6 or 7 or 8 years ago at this point, a group of us gathered for the normal Sunday Slick 50 ride at the Lobo Statue on campus. A young kid- maybe 15- was dropped off for the ride. His dad stood there while we waited for late comers and started to declare that his son was a great cyclist who would really show us on the ride. I said, "that's great. We're happy to have him. Are y'all from here?" He responded, "No, we're from Tanoan." As if they were too good to be 'burqueños. In every exchange I ever had with that kid's dad for the next two years, he was a complete a$$-hat. Texan, banker, fat, bald, loud, the actual source for so many stereotypes. Unfortunately, the association with that jacka$$ forever sullied the word Tanoan for me.
There is a jerk in every crowd. EVERY crowd. So get over it? Or not. Your choice whether or not you want to let one jerk define a group or a place or an event or a religion or whatever. I do believe the people who suffer the most are the ones who can't get over the jerk not the jerk, unfortunately. And gee, I have met a jerk or five on the Slick 50 ride. But that won't keep me from riding it!

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service