Where can someone get a decent cup/bowl of soup in this town?!?!

Honest question... why do we not have a good soup bar in this town?

Or if we do, why don't I know about it.

Also, please suggest a place to get a good cup of gazpacho!!!!

Thanks!

Tags: abq, dining, eating-out, soup

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flying Star's soups are often delicious, and the Pho at Bancock Care is delicious!
Didn't soup season just end? For the last 3 months I've been getting my soups at the various Thai, Vietnamese, and French restaurants.
You should go to the Roma Deli. Everyday the soup changes. Its homemade. Get there early as they usually sell out be fore they close at 3. Especially on the days they have lobster bisque. Their sandwiches are also excellent.
Jhondi's BBQ on Rio Grande has Gazpacho. Don't know if it's any good tho.
I think Annie's Soup Kitchen is still open. In a little shopping center off of Eubank (west side) and just north of..Candelaria(?) I can't remember completely. They have good soups. Also, Savory Fare on Montgomery east of Louisiana has at least two soups a day on offer. Then, of course, there are Souper Salad and Sweet Tomatoes.

But, yeah. We need a soup nazi in Albq. I would love a place that served 7 different kinds of soup.
R.B. Winnings on Harvard by UNM usually has some good soups! and they almost always have a meat OR vegetarian option. Try their NM clam chowder or butternut squirrel soup (does not have squirrel in it).

also, the soups at Sweet Tomatoes on San Mateo are pretty good. They have about 6 different kinds and the salad bar is awesome!
I had a garlic soup at Winnings that was absolutely the penultimate. I've never seen it anywhere else and I've never seen it since there.... maybe you could nudge the owner?
absolutely next to last soup?
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

whole foods often has some good soup. the only place in town this boy can get his cioppino fix, even though they did dumb down the recipe a couple of years ago.
The pho at Cafe Da Lat is my favorite local soup. But why not try some green chile stew?
Honest question... why would someone move to a new city and judge it based on having "a good soup bar" or not.

You don't know about the soups available in ABQ probably because you have yet eat in every single restaurant in and around the city. There are hundreds and hundreds of restaurants, in all parts of the city. I have lived here a very long time and have yet to try every one.

Yes, there is good "soup in this town!!!", in fact there is great "soup in this town!!!" Exploring and discovering is a fun way to get to know ABQ.

Just a reminder:
"Duke City Fix is a community site about digging life in Albuquerque, New Mexico."
Why not make your own gazpacho!!! Spicy V8 + one cucumber + garlic + blender. Chill. Serve in chilled bowl. Garnish with sliced jalapenos, avacado, green onions, croutons, sour cream, cilantro.
Saigon 2000 (San Mateo and Zuni) has a myriad of soup options... and you can get you're car emissions done too.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Johnny_Mango liked Spring Griffin's blog post Thrifty ABQ
14 minutes ago
Profile IconTaylor Ranch Library and Jessica Osbourne joined Duke City Fix
59 minutes ago
Aux Dog Theatre Nob Hill shared Jessica Osbourne's event on Facebook
1 hour ago
Popejoy Hall posted events
2 hours ago

Members