Today, I stumbled upon this article about bike sharing in Denver. Apparently, in just a couple days, they will have a full fledged bike sharing system!

The thing that really caught my eye was the link to the company that is doing this in Denver. They are called B-Cycle and they have a really great feature on their website.

It works like this: the more people who vote for B-Cycle coming to their hometown, the more likely B-Cycle will set up a network there!

After looking at the map, most communities only had a couple hundred votes.

DCF has 6,524 members. So, if everyone on here voted.... well, you can do the math.

Happy Voting!

UPDATE (4/21):
When I posted this, Albuquerque was not even on the map because we had no votes. Now, we are ranked #41 in the nation for the number of votes we have. Keep up the good work! The places with the current top spots are Austin and Ft. Collins.

Let's beat them.

Tags: Denver, bike, biking, crowdsourcing, internet, network, sharing

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks dan! I voted and I'm sad to say that albuquerque appears to have no votes (apparently a vote doesn't automatically show up, cause we should have had at least one!), though santa fe is #104 with 7 votes. this sounds like an awesome program and it'd be really cool if it happened here.
Where is Benny the Icepick on this one??
I don't know of a successful bike sharing program. Does anybody else know of one? The bikes all get trashed or stolen very quickly.
They were prmoting Q-Bike in the middle of Chavez' most recent term. It was going to be a bike-share program.

We used it in Seville and Paris, it was a ton of fun and very useful.

Maybe a Yellow Bike program like Austin has would be good too...

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Jonathan Wright commented on Adelita's blog post What To Do In ABQ plus another give away!
1 hour ago
Nkazi Sinandile's event was featured

7th Annual Village Feast Commemoratets the Legacy and Life Of Nelson Mandela at La Mesa Presbuterian Church

December 14, 2014 from 3pm to 7pm
3 hours ago
Adelita updated an event
Thumbnail

Holiday Market at the Railyards at The Rail Yards

December 14, 2014 from 11am to 4pm
3 hours ago
New Mexico Symphonic Chorus's event was featured
Thumbnail

Holiday Festival of Voices at Popejoy Hall

December 12, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
3 hours ago