Today, I stumbled upon this article about bike sharing in Denver. Apparently, in just a couple days, they will have a full fledged bike sharing system!

The thing that really caught my eye was the link to the company that is doing this in Denver. They are called B-Cycle and they have a really great feature on their website.

It works like this: the more people who vote for B-Cycle coming to their hometown, the more likely B-Cycle will set up a network there!

After looking at the map, most communities only had a couple hundred votes.

DCF has 6,524 members. So, if everyone on here voted.... well, you can do the math.

Happy Voting!

UPDATE (4/21):
When I posted this, Albuquerque was not even on the map because we had no votes. Now, we are ranked #41 in the nation for the number of votes we have. Keep up the good work! The places with the current top spots are Austin and Ft. Collins.

Let's beat them.

Tags: Denver, bike, biking, crowdsourcing, internet, network, sharing

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks dan! I voted and I'm sad to say that albuquerque appears to have no votes (apparently a vote doesn't automatically show up, cause we should have had at least one!), though santa fe is #104 with 7 votes. this sounds like an awesome program and it'd be really cool if it happened here.
Where is Benny the Icepick on this one??
I don't know of a successful bike sharing program. Does anybody else know of one? The bikes all get trashed or stolen very quickly.
They were prmoting Q-Bike in the middle of Chavez' most recent term. It was going to be a bike-share program.

We used it in Seville and Paris, it was a ton of fun and very useful.

Maybe a Yellow Bike program like Austin has would be good too...

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

MarketPlace Media posted events
40 minutes ago
DCMc liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Motel Hacienda
2 hours ago
Shelly Michalski posted events
4 hours ago
Downtown Growers Market's event was featured
Thumbnail

Downtown Civic Plaza Market at Civic Plaza (under the blue portals)

July 30, 2014 from 11am to 2pm
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service