I am so very excited! I keep seeing billboards around town saying WICKED is coming to town at the Popejoy hall!http://popejoypresents.com/2010-2011/wicked I simply can't stand having this show in town and not being able to buy a ticket. I keep going to http://www.unmtickets.com/Default.aspx?PageID=1 and seem to be unable to buy tickets to an individual show.

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

- Brad

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Season tickets are sold first before they offer individual tickets. You may want to call the box office and ask the first day they will be available. It may not be until October, but the people at Popejoy Box Office are very helpful.
Hi Brad,
Glad to hear you're interested in Wicked. Right now the only tickets available are through season subscription and group sales. Tickets will be available in the Fall for individual ticket buyers.

Psst, here's another secret, you can sign up on our e-mail list on the popejoypresents.com site to receive advanced notification of the on-sale... and maybe... just maybe... a pre-sale opportunity.
I did the same thing and sent them a note about that. It would be nice if they had a message that states when individual show tickets will go on sell. The site could stand to be more user friendly and informative. I was quite pleased that someone from their site responded to your inquiry. We live in California and saw the show out here. It is fabulous and I want to get tickets with some friends while in Albuquerque. I will do as Popejoy Hall suggests and sign up for the email.
Hi Karen,
Due to some constraints with the show, we are unable at this time to state when individual tickets go on sale.

Which site are you having trouble with www.unmtickets.com or www.popejoypresents.com? Each site is run by a different University department, and we can help you with our site, popejoypresents.com.
Thanks again for the reply. I did try unmtickets.com and they seem to focus mainly on sporting events. Your website was much better. However, it would be nice for the site to state that only season tickets are on sell right now and that individual show tickets would be available at a later date. It was frustrating going in to the show date and having it take me to the season tickets. I thought something was wrong. I tried searching elsewhere for tickets but would prefer to buy from the official site.
Hi Karen,
Thanks for checking out our site. If you notice on our site on the Wicked page, it says, "Please note, individual tickets for Wicked will be on sale in the Fall. Tickets are currently only available through season subscriptions or group sales (for groups of 20+)."

Please don't purchase your tickets elsewhere. These are ticket brokers and are selling tickets they do not currently possess. We found a broker listing tickets for sale that we had not sold yet, so there was no way they had the tickets. We cannot guarantee that those tickets are valid, but please note, we do not work with any brokers to sell tickets, so we cannot vouch for the legitimacy of any third party sites.
Just saw it a couple of weeks ago in Houston! It's such a wonderful show! I hope you get tickets and have a great time.
I agree Kathy W. I saw it last December at the Orpheum in San Francisco...it was a great show.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Phil_0's 2 blog posts were featured
19 minutes ago
hettie liked Phil_0's blog post Morning Fix: Black Coffee
44 minutes ago
Patrick commented on Phil_0's blog post Morning Fix: Black Coffee
54 minutes ago
Adelita liked Phil_0's blog post Morning Fix: Black Coffee
3 hours ago

Members