He's finally out, but why did it take so long and why wasn't he fired long ago?  Come on APS, let's get it right this time!

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why is he out?  And why did he get SO MUCH MONEY given to him on leaving?  The APS board won't say why.  The ABQ Journal is no help on this either.  So he insulted Skandera in a rude way.  Well, that was unfortunate, but hardly seems enough reason to push him out.  But why push him out AND give him a third of a million dollars to leave?  Why pay him ANY severance if he resigned?  It seems like a huge waste of  taxpayers dollars AND some kind of conspiracy of silence.  Does Albuquerque have faith in the school board overseeing our children's education?

Indeed, I'm sure that there's more to the story. 

I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled about being investigated for spousal behavior and other personal matters.  Why couldn't APS just not renew his contract and tell him that they're looking for new direction at the end of his term?  Let him serve out his term and train his replacement - especially  in how to deal with Susana and Hanna.  It's a fine line being a school district boss - dealing with politicians (who have never taught), teachers, staff, maintenance, site selection for new schools, shutting down older schools, parents, students, politics, politics, politics...  Brooks was certainly better than the three headed beast from ten years ago, which was as stupid an idea as you could get. 

Hey, that "tweet" Brooks sent was about the audience that Hanna was addressing in Moriarty, not about her weight (there were hardly any attendees, so it was a reference to livestock nearby).   Nothing like reminding a person that s/he's a little overweight by mentioning that in every Winston Brooks article.... 

RSS

Connect with Us!

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, Sophie, once banned twice shyKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service