So, a friend that lives in Santa Fe has found a yoga class at the community center for $3 or 4 a class! Does anyone know of anything cheap like that in ABQ? Prices at yoga studios just aren't in my budget.
I would prefer it to be somewhere in the general University/Midtown/Downtown area, but i'm not too picky.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, yoga studio prices are a bit high - if you want to take a class a week, it comes out to $40 - $60 a month

I think CNM (Central New Mexico Community College) has a great deal. It's $40 for about 15 weeks - depending on the semester, and the classes meet 2x/ week - so that's $1.33 a class. The downsides - you have to register through CNM - which is really easy actually - there are no classes between semesters, no drop ins, and the classes are in portables, so if its a nice environment you're looking for, then this won't do.

They have morning and evening classes - i have yet to find anything cheaper...

The Y also offers classes - if you get a membership it might be less expensive depending on ho many classes you take.
Oh - also check out this yoga studio...
Great options! Thanks, Sarah.
Here's another low-cost one, near downtown. It's from a hard-working community organization, SWOP. It meets Wednesdays 4-5 pm near their office, for $5 a session.
I lead a mat yoga class at my home near Carlisle & Indian School at 5:30 p.m. on Mondays for $5 a class. I also do a chair-based yoga class on Sunday afternoons. I also teach yoga at the YMCA on Indian School Road.
Thanks for asking about this, I've been wondering the same thing myself. And thanks to all for the great answers, I'm going to check them out :)
This is good info. Yoga classes are ridiculously expensive. Has anyone tried any of the ones listed here yet?
Yes, $8 / class at the National Hispanic Cultural Center on Monday & Wednesday from 12-1pm! For more info contact Shelle Sanchez at Shelle.Sanchez@state.nm.us. They are fantastic classes led by Michael Quanci and Sarita Streng.
I have a friend who goes to the Source on Carlisle near Gibson. It's cheap, all sorts of times and she really likes the teacher.

http://thesourceabq.com/
If you pick up a copy of Living Naturally magazine (free at health food stores), there are always some new ones listed. Here's the current issue:

Kundalini on Tues 4:30 & 6:10 pm, $7. Ann Galloway instructor. At Quantum Energy Healing Center 1925C Juan Tabo NE
(986 0568)

Weds 5:30 pm $5, Sacred Journeys, 1919 San Mateo, 255 3388 www.sacredjourneywellness.com

Good luck!
Wow Thanks everyone. I am glad the thread got reopened as now we have even more to choose from
Reasonably priced classes certainly dont have to equal not well run either.
Just an update for those interested...
I've taken 3 classes at Vision Studios at the Source. I've really enjoyed them. The teachers are very good at giving enough variations of the poses to make beginners or advanced students comfortable and challenged. I really recommend them.
Also, they have a $29 for 8 classes or 30 days deal for new students. Pretty cheap! Enjoy...
http://www.visionstudiossouthwest.net/

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service