Does anyone have an awesome practitioner, doctor, accupuncture, chiropractor anything in Albuquerque. I am having a hard time finding a provider who believes in fibromyalgia.

Views: 1196

Replies to This Discussion

I have a great chiropractor, Dr. Terry Timm (888-4533) , he uses the activator technique and he is a very friendly caring person. He believes in fibromyalgia. I also have an excellent acupuncturist named Jamie McLaughlin, DOM (250-8334) who is also very friendly and helps people with chronic pain. My friend goes to the 'Ahhhhh ChiroSpa' (884-0044) on Carlisle and says that her chiropractor treats fibromyalgia.

... As for regular doctors... I'm going to see Dr. Jacqueline Dean next week, she's a rheumatologist, I'll let you know what I think.

-Laura
Laura Please do let us know what you think about this new DR. Its frustrating trying to find a good.........SMART, open minded doc.
dolores - I'll report back promptly. I'm hoping she is good. I grilled the front office about them being "fibro-friendly".

-Laura
FWIW I really liked Dr. Dean. She was kind, she listened, she was informative and proactive. I liked her overall demeanor and did not sense even the slightest hint of an eye roll or clock watching. So, I'd recommend her but it isn't quick, it took me two months to get in with her.

-Laura
THERE IS A TRIGGER POINT THERAPIST NAMED VICTORIA L MAGOWN AT 4520 MONTGOMERY NE STE 1 872-3100 I RAN ACROSS THIS PERSON TRYING TO FIND A GOOD MD FOR FIBRO WHICH THEY REFERED ME TO ALLEN ADOLPHE WHO DEALS WITH FIBRO PATIENTS.
Hi Courtney! I see Dr. James Steier at NM Arthristic Clinic. You can connect with him at 822-1309 he's located at 4901 Lang Ave. NE #305 Abq., NM. 87109 He has a partner he works with, but I don't know her. I can vouch for Dr. Steier. He's very professional, tentative, understanding and kow his FMS. Good luck with the info!

T~
Will he diagnose CFS/FMS for people interested in getting disability?

His partner's name is Susan Nunez and she is awesome as well! She is my rheumatologist and has treated me so kindly and wonderfully with my fibro.

They both seem like amazing doctors.

Didn't really get much from Dr. Nunez...I worked with her for about a year and even though she did make some good recommendations, she basically just gave up and wanted to refer me to someone else for "a second option"  She also is leary of putting the diagnosis of fibro in your medical records.

Does anyone know of a doctor who will diagnose chronic fatigue syndrome?

I have a good rheumatologist in Santa Fe for fibromyalgia: Dr. Lyle Amer. Extremely sympathetic and helpful.
I just got a list of doc's from a CFS/FIBRO website and I am going to list them. I have never found a doc that was very knowledgeable about either condition. I recognize a couple of names that have already been mentioned here. Most of them are either Internal Medicine, Rheumatologist or both. Please let us know if you have tried any of them and what your experience was like.

Vijayalakshmi Kumar
Mark Cohen
Leroy Pacheco
Konstantin Konstantinov
Kathy Finch
Juliet Coquia
Jeffery Sollins
James Steier
James Ferrell
Jacqueline Dean
Erik Carlson
Authur Bankhurst
Angela Barnett
Albert Rizzoll
I wanted to provide feedback on Konstantin Konstantinov which I saw from approx Jan 2008 - August 2008. Although he was thorough with the testing and there were many positive ones - oxygen saturation issues (I'm on oxygen), vasculitis (hospitilized for), and a handful of misc positive tests. When he couldn't pin point my problem, he told me there was nothing wrong with me that loosing weight and seeing a psychiatrist wouldn't fix.

Although it is not my only issue (does cover about 98% of symptoms), I have just recently been diagnosed with Fibromyaliga (Dec 14, 2009), the various positive tests should have been enough to convenince him that I was actually ill even if he couldn't put a name to it. Hope you find a good rheumy and avoid the experience I had with Dr. K.

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service