Edgewood has a great poultry swap.  Its a nice drive on a Saturday morning.  If you have kids they will get to see all kids of birds.  You can pick up feed, too, while you are there. Thought I would share the info from their Facebook page.

Information about the Monthly SWAP!
It is on the 2nd and last Saturday of the month from 10-3. Please try not to come any earlier than 9:40 to set up. No goats, sheep, etc due to livestock rules in NM. Only rabbits, poultry, and farm dogs will be allowed to sell. Please leave your personal dogs at home. If anyone has extra boxes laying around we can always use them for the people buying who always seem to forget or buy more than their cages can hold.

Location: Edgewood Feed, 92 Church St, 87015. Exit Edgewood from Abq and turn left under the bridge. Turn right on Church Street - it is the next light (green and brown WALMART on the corner) and go straight for half a mile. It's on the right. You'll see a bunch of cars first.

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

If anybody is looking for some young Narragansett toms let me know and I can take some to the Edgewood swap. They are from last year's hatch, so they will continue to fill out this summer and fall. They are not like a broad-breasted bird, they can fly high and far, like wild, heritage type birds. They are docile, but not tame, and quite wily. I can send photos, e-mail me at whitneyb505@comcast.net if you want any. The bigger ones are going in the freezer if no takers.

I am so embarrassed I went TODAY, lol.. We'll try to make it next Saturday...  I did like petting the dog and seeing the Marans chicks.

Brenda,

I hear you are not the only one that did that! Hope to see you next weekend. 

Reminder: Poultry Swap in Edgewood Saturday, March 29. Starts 10am at Edgewood Feed, 92 Church St, 87015. Lotsa cute chicks!

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Members

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Phil_0, SophieAdelitaKitson

© 2014   Created by Duke City Fix.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service