I have mostly RIR and black birds and am looking to buy some more interesting birds--no chicks:  teenager or adult hens only please.  Brahama, Orpington, Silver laced, barred rock, etc. 

They will live a happy life in a giant 700 square foot predator-proof chicken pen in Corrales. Thanks

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

I have a couple each of all those except Brahma, plus a handful of other American Heritage breeds.  I raised them from chicks, 1000 sf, mostly greens/ veg/ fruit scraps/ organic grains, they've entered their second laying season, last season they were going for $20 apiece.  If you're in a hurry, this evening is possible, otherwise after Jun 3.  Thanks, Patrik 255-1933

I am guessing you aren't interested in a rooster, but if you are, I have a guy that needs a new home (my neighbors don't like him as much as I do). He is golden and black. Maybe an americana, but he seems more compact than that so I'm not sure. He is one of a batch of birds we raised from chicks from the McMurray Hatcheries ornamental/rare breeds mix. He's three months old. If you're interested, I'd be happy to bring him to you. 

No, I have an Americauna Roo already and if one of my goldens turns out to be a roo than this guy is going to be history!

Hello Dawn, Sorry I was away on a forestry project, and got your message but I don't have long-distance.  My caretaker took mistakenly the eggs my hens were sitting on, but they started over.  I'll be uncertain about how many extra birds I have until some hatch.  Let me know if you still want some, how many.   Thanks, Patrik

Yes, I'd like some Orpington and silver wyandotte hens, probably 2 Orps and a silver

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

Jules Nyquist commented on The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem Mitch Rayes...
49 minutes ago
Jules Nyquist liked The DitchRider's blog post The Sunday Poem Mitch Rayes...
49 minutes ago
Gail Rubin posted an event
Thumbnail

ABQ Death Cafe at Swiss Alps Bakery Cafe

September 27, 2014 from 2pm to 4pm
9 hours ago
lisa gill posted a discussion
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service