I'm looking for baby chicks from Delawares, Welsummers, Sussex, Marans, and Giants.  Does anyone know who might have chicks?

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Farmer's Feed, on 4th street in Los Ranchos, had some a few weeks back and he says he normally has them until winter.  Give them a call - locally owned, locally sourced on a lot of their feed, too.  Not sure what breeds he has, though.

Other than that, mypetchicken.com is where I got mine and they allow you a minimum order of 3.  They ship them to you using USPS and you can choose which breeds you want.  They are also very good about refunding you if something doesn't go right - like, they sent me a Barred Rock instead of a Dominique but they refunded the price of the chick. 

All the best!

Thanks! I called him but he only carries RiRs, Buffs and White Leghorns.  Thanks for the info.  It's just bad planning on my part - was hoping to get the chicks started over my son's spring break but didn't realize for certain breeds you need to order months in advance.  All the catalog's I've tried are sold out tell May unless I only want Roosters.

Miller's Feed on North 4th carries chicks from Privett's in Portales. Miller's is further north on 4th than Farmer's Feed. 

Isleta Feed has Barred Rock chickies. They're also local and in the South Valley. They charge $4 per chick.

Thanks everyone for helping me out.  I also found out the feed store in Corrales has some heritage breeds as well.  

I just hatched two speckled sussex chicks on Sunday.  There's one more due to hatch this coming Sunday.  Someone else is considering trading with me for them, but if I don't hear back by Friday, would you like them?  

Just got word, she doesn't want them.  Would you care for them?  

Yes I'd love them.  I can pick them up anytime Sunday or Monday afternoon.  

Umm... got to figure out how to send a private message on this with my phone #...

I sent you a friend request so we can send private messages.  Monday afternoon would be better, by then the new chick should have hatched and be about a day old.

Very happy with 3 healthy Sussex chicks in Brooder, thanks to this site.  Still looking for Welsummers, Marans, and Giants if anyone has young chicks.

Bought 5, one day old Dominiques from Village Merc in Corrales.  They have some great breeds in and coming in.  Like today had Golden Lace Wyandottes, and some cute Brahmas.  Give them a call if you are looking for a specific rare breed.  He has bought all pullets this year too.  

RSS

Connect with Us!

Latest Activity

Profile IconDuke City Fix via Facebook
Thumbnail

Sweet, sweet government jobs, hospital infections, teen birth rates, and more on the Albuquerque Morning Fix!

Morning Fix: Up and…

See More
Facebook32 minutes ago · Reply
Sophie's blog post was featured
43 minutes ago
Profile IconDuke City Fix via Facebook
Thumbnail

Facebook47 minutes ago · Reply
Sophie liked Dee Cohen's blog post ABQ Pics: Matachines
1 hour ago

Members

Regular Features