My flock of six is down to 3 and none are laying. I am looking to adopt a few older hens that are still laying, or purchase (LOCAL source only) chicks that are large enough to make it without extra care & maintenance. Please call or text Crista @ (505) 440-6293

Tags: Hens, adopt, chicks, eggs, home, new

Views: 122

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

My friend Rick is selling laying hens that he has been raising.  They are expected to begin laying in the next month or so.  I gave him your number and he may call you.

Thank You Jess, Rick DID call me and I haven't called him back yet. I am still hoping for a free or low cost adoption - but I still appreciate it!

I sent my last two older birds to retirement in Algodones... and am now looking to PURCHASE 4-6 young birds, pullets or chicks. I several white leghorns and two Rhode Island Red's and found them a good mix because the white's laid better in the summer and the Reds laid better in the winter. But, the whites seamed to be more susceptible to illness. Any suggestions on breeds? (I do have an open top pen/yard, and would clip one wing feathers. So I want nothing that makes a hard habit of getting out... ;-)

RSS

Connect with Us!

Regular Features

• "Sunday Poetry" with The Ditch Rider

Johnny_Mango

• Daily Photo by Dee

• "Morning Fix" with Adelita, Hettie, Phil_0 and Masshole in Fringecrest

DCF Flickr Photos

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by MarketPlace Media.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service