My flock of six is down to 3 and none are laying. I am looking to adopt a few older hens that are still laying, or purchase (LOCAL source only) chicks that are large enough to make it without extra care & maintenance. Please call or text Crista @ (505) 440-6293

Views: 144

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

My friend Rick is selling laying hens that he has been raising.  They are expected to begin laying in the next month or so.  I gave him your number and he may call you.

Thank You Jess, Rick DID call me and I haven't called him back yet. I am still hoping for a free or low cost adoption - but I still appreciate it!

I sent my last two older birds to retirement in Algodones... and am now looking to PURCHASE 4-6 young birds, pullets or chicks. I several white leghorns and two Rhode Island Red's and found them a good mix because the white's laid better in the summer and the Reds laid better in the winter. But, the whites seamed to be more susceptible to illness. Any suggestions on breeds? (I do have an open top pen/yard, and would clip one wing feathers. So I want nothing that makes a hard habit of getting out... ;-)

RSS

Connect with Us!

Albuquerque's Community Forum

Free hens OR help harvesting hens 3 Replies

Started by d ama. Last reply by d ama May 16.

Looking for chicken space

Started by Love Nest May 15.

Three hens and a bantam rooster - free to home

Started by Jennifer H. Mar 30.

6 Hens & a Beautiful Rooster 2 go...

Started by Crista Feb 19.

Egg yolk peritonitis 3 Replies

Started by Beth Sims. Last reply by Lucinda Sherman Feb 11.

Latest Activity

Monica replied to Skip's discussion The May Cafe lumberjack
1 hour ago
Monica replied to Skip's discussion The May Cafe lumberjack
1 hour ago
Monica liked once banned twice shy's blog post Morning Fix - Bajito y suavecito
1 hour ago
Profile IconDuke City Fix via Facebook
Thumbnail

ABQ Free Press

ABQ Free Press reader Sim Sadler shot this video of the peaceful protest earlier today. #protest #Trump #ABQ

Facebook1 hour ago · Reply

Regular Features

Anyone can blog on the Duke City Fix, but here are the folks who blog most often:

© 2016   Created by Duke City Fix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service